𝐱𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞'𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐞

THE DREAMSCAPE'S INTERLUDE

three hours and thirty minutes to one hour and five minutes

REGULUS DIDN'T KNOW how or why he started to sob. The ink seeped through the cracks. It crept through, trying not to wake the baby soundly sleeping. A dark blue, the same color as the sky the hour after the sunset. 

Regulus didn't know how or why his breathing slowed and his eyes drooped and his body fell limp, falling into the rabbit hole of his subconscious. He tumbled down, hitting clocks and shards of glass and family rings along the way. 

He could see the locket -- the shining light at the end of the long fall. The way his life was supposed to go, fate decreed it in its cruel game of taking and giving to those who do not deserve it. 

However, before he could hit the bottom, he turned up right and submerged into water. He did not move how, his hair flowing out and around him as he stared in front of him.

Surely he was dead because his Senara looked like an angel. Her skin aglow and a pleasant smile on her face as she reached out for him. The white dress hung from her body tauntingly. Reminding him of all he had to lose. 

But, like an arrow in the back of his head, he remember those who had left. The had taken fate and bent it to their will. Making fate their master. 

Regulus was not that strong. He did not have the heart of a lion, but he could pretend, even for just a moment that his life was his

And so when he awoke, not in a splutter, but the flutter of his eye lashes and he saw her twilight eyes looking back at him with something he could only describe as love, he knew. 

Just as the Greek warriors dreamt of their fates and tried to shift them, in vain, he decided he would be a hero. As Eos invaded his own mind in her quiet brilliance, showing him the way of the rising sun, he gasped at it and pulled the falsehood towards him, praying to it like a statue. Believing in it like scripture. 

He believed in her.