Chapter 3

I woke up and surprisingly my head wasn't pounding or hurting the way I thought it would.

I went straight to my bathroom to take a bath. Since it's a Saturday I'm going to have a nice long bath.

I am finally done , I wore an oversized black hoodie writen 'oh baby.' at the back and some black leggings paired with my comfy Slip on Slippers.

I head downstairs and I see our housekeeper Mary cleaning the kitchen isle.

" Morning dear, how are you?" She greeted me giving me a warm smile.

" Hey Mary,I'm good. " I smile back.

" Your father is in he's study and he said you must go to him after you've woken up."

" My dad is back, why didn't he tell me?" I ask to no one in particular.

I quickly rush to my father's study. I see my dad on his desk going through some paperwork he immediately turns his head up and looks at me.

" Hey sweety." He stands up and gives me a tight hug.

My dad is a 44year old man but you would swear he's younger.He has amber eyes that  I so wish I had inherited from him . His eyes are so beautiful and unique. He also has dark black hair like me and is well built you could clearly see that he used to workout back in the days.

" Hey dad, why didn't you tell me that you were coming back today." I cross my arms and pout acting as if I'm upset.

" I'm sorry honey,but I'm also here to tell you something important." He gives me a serious look. I know that look and it means he's about to say something I will not like.

He doesn't give me a chance to reply.

" You are going to marry the son of Henry King , Sebastian King."

I widen my eyes when I hear the name Sebastian my heart is pounding I think I could hear it hammering through my ears.

During the time Sebastian humiliated me my parents were going through a divorce and I did not tell them what happened because I felt like it was unnecessary and irrelevant to what they were going through.

My dad though noticed my sour mood and he thought their divorce was taking a huge toll on me. I went with that flow and told my father  nothing though I would spend each night crying on my father's shoulder. During that period my dad and I became closer he was my best friend though I didn't tell him the whole truth.

I have been ignoring Sebastian the whole of senior year now I'm finding out I'm going to get married to him!

After a few moments of the awkwardly dead silence between my dad and I he spoke.

" Listen sweety.." I interrupted him abruptly.

"Don't dare !call me sweety especially after what you've just told me , you have basically sold me to the devil dad! WHY!I don't understand why!?" I shout breaking at the end tears streaming down my face.

My dad looks at me with sad eyes.

" I know this whole situation is extreme but honey I've got something to tell you..I might die I have a kidney failer, I left because I went looking for a match so I could have a transplant and hopefully get better" More tears came down my cheeks my eyes were getting sore. I couldn't believe my dad was sick he looked fine to me and he also ate healthy foods.I just can't understand why is he telling me this and why is it connected to me getting married.

" Please don't cry my child, when I told you I'm going to a business trip I lied forgive me for that but I wanted to look for a matching donor elsewhere. After just a few weeks searching my doctors told me I have a match. I found a match and it was Sebastian King, his father did not agree at first but eventually he said he would agree only if his son were to marry you and then he would give me his kidney and I would survive. I didn't agree with this idea at all because you are so young but my life is at risk rightnow honey I'm not a bad person so I will give you options. Your first choice would be for you to marrying Sebastian for two years and after that it's your choice whether you want to stay or not, then your second option is that you don't agree and I will have to look for an other donor and the options are very slim for me to get another one but the choice is all yours my child ."

All this information is overwhelming. I can't process everything in one day it's too much.

" What if I'm a match dad, maybe you should check me " I say to my dad a bit hopeful that he will change he's mind.

" I cannot do that honey your so young and you can't just give away your kidney for an old man like me, what would you do when you are older and your kid will need to have a transplant also , I can't my conscious and love for you can't allow that." He says tearing up a little but quickly wipes the tears in his eyes.

" Dad I don't mind giving you my kidney I just don't want you to die,it's way too early for that." I say breaking at the end.

My dad has been my pillar of strength ever since mom left us. I cannot imagine life without him and if him surviving means I will have to have surgery then I'll do it no questions asked. I can't believe he wants me to choose what I'll do it's absurd and selfish because he knows it's a hard decision for me to make.

" I am giving you the whole day today for you to make your decision now remember honey the decision is yours and I will support you regardless of what you decide on, I love you very much sweety and I did not mean to put my burden on you." My dad walks out of the room leaving me baffled.

My mind is running all over the place and I don't think I can make the decision today.

After that eventfull morning,I spent the entire day in my room thinking I barely even ate that day my mind was all over.

Thankfully my dad respected my space that day and not once did he interrupt me in my room nor did he call me for dinner instead he asked Mary to bring it to my room.

I barely slept at night I was awake for the most of if but started to feel my eyes getting heavy.

♡♡♡

please vote and comment.❤

god bless and stay safe .🕯

all the love from emii.