chapter 3

She loved his hard chest on her naked breasts. His hands squeezing her nipples. His large, hard member sliding in and out of her tight core. He always felt so good, and yet she couldn't focus tonight.

"You're so beautiful, Olivia," Ed whispered to her as he thrust deeper. He was hitting all the right spots, making her slick, but she couldn't get to where she needed to be with her stupid ex-partner on her mind—his arrest, his sadness, his daughter… his girlfriend?

His pace sped up. "Oh god, Olivia. I'm gonna come…"

"Come, baby," she encouraged. She wanted to please Ed, she really did. She wanted him to be satisfied with her body. He thrust a few more times before he spilled into her and crashed his weight on top of her.

She held him close, rubbing his strong back up and down and kissing his shoulder. She loved feeling him like this after sex. His head raised back. "You didn't…"

"It's okay," she ensured.

"No," he said. "Let me…" he started to move down her body but she picked his head back up.

"Ed, babe," she said. "This is the first time I haven't orgasmed during sex with you. You are so generous in bed and you satisfy me so well, but I'm just distracted tonight."

Ed rolled to the side of his girlfriend and Olivia turned to face him. Their hands interlocked between their bodies as they kissed and faced each other on their sides.

"Everything alright?" Ed asked. "Is it a case?"

She had been nervous her entire way home, debating what to tell him. Ed was always sensitive about Elliot and had a huge part in Elliot's "retirement" from the force.

"Yeah, um…" she sighed. "We've been trying to keep things under wraps so it doesn't get blown up in the media, but um… The suspect we had for the murder of the College Prof Rapist was, um… It was Elliot. His daughter was raped and Elliot was found at the scene of Carlson's death."

Ed threw his head back slightly at the name. "Stabler?" he asked.

Olivia nodded.

"Wow, okay." Ed let go of Olivia's hand and rolled onto his back. "You said had. Do you not have him anymore?"

"Alibi."

"I see. And was this… Is that the first time you've seen him since—"

"Yeah. It was."

"And his alibi checked out? The man does have an anger problem."

Olivia found herself feeling defensive of Elliot and had to tell herself to breathe and stay calm. "Even without the alibi, we didn't have enough to hold him. Elliot didn't do this."

"You said he was found at the murder scene."

"He was."

"Then how the hell don't you have enough to hold him? He's obviously the main suspect."

Olivia sat up in bed and looked around for a shirt. She needed space from Ed's questioning. She saw Ed's button-up and started to put it on. "He's not a cop anymore, Ed. You don't get to go all rat-squad on him this time." She found her panties and slipped them up her legs.

"Are there any other suspects or did you just let loose the one guy you suspect for murder?"

She stood and turned to him at the edge of the bed. "We let go the one suspect we had for killing a guy who raped young, smart, successful college professors, Ed! So whether or not it was Elliot, when we do find the guy who killed him, I'll be the first one to shake his hand."