Chapter 2

"Bye, have a good night!" a girl said after closing the door as the last few customers left for the night. She sighed and let her hair down from her long ponytail. "Man... That was a long night..." She looked around to see the place was empty and was kind of dirty. "I guess I should start cleaning... Man, I hate closing alone...". The girl tugged on her apron around her waist since it was starting to loosen up. She continued to clean around the shop of messy tables, mopped and vacuumed the floor, doing it as fast as she could. When all of a sudden...

Ring Ring Ring

The girl pulled out her phone and took a look a the caller ID, "Unknown." She decided to ignore it and continued her cleaning until her phone rang once again. She looked at it once more before setting it on silent. A few minutes went by, and her work phone rang. She sighed, wanting to ignore it but knowing her policy- as long as she was still in the store, she had to answer. She headed towards the phone and let out one final sigh before answering. "Hello?" She waited for a response,

No answer.

She hung up and walked away before hearing the phone ring again. She stopped in her tracks and turned to look at the phone for a moment. She walked over to the phone and answered. "Hello?"

No answer.

She hung up and sighed, "What the hell... I don't have time for this-"

Ring ring ring

She cursed under her breath before answering the phone once more.

"Who the hell is this, and what the hell do you want?!"

The voice on the other line spoke, but not in the tone she expected it to be. The tone sounded like an older lady who sounded confused, "Oh, I'm sorry... Did I upset you? My phone has been acting up lately."

The girl was shocked with surprise and quickly apologized, "I'm so sorry! I thought it was a few kids prank calling the phone..."

"Oh, no worries! You don't need to apologize to little old me... I was wondering what kind of cakes do you have?"

"Well... we're almost out at the moment since we are closed and have to make new ones tomorrow morning!"

The older woman was silent for a moment, "Is that so...?"

"Yes, ma'am." The girl looked at the cake area to see only crumbs and one last slice of lemon cake left.

"Hm... I think I'll take that one lemon cake that you have left!"

The girl's heart skipped a beat, "I-I'm sorry... What did you just say?"

"You heard me, the lemon cake that you are staring at right now!"

The girl swung around to look at her surroundings. "A-Are you outside right now...?"

"No, silly, I'm already inside! Can you please tell me how much the cake is, please?"

"I'M CALLING THE POLICE!-", She pulls out her cellphone to see text messages from the unknown number saying, "I'm already inside...", "Ignoring my phone calls were a wrong mistake, quite rude if you ask me."

"S-Shit," the girl muttered.

"What's wrong? Still going to call the police, are you?"

The girl opens up her phone to only hear something from behind her. She swung around to see a figure standing there with a metal pipe and a jack-o-lantern with two triangles for eyes and a spiky smile on it. The figure wore a black leather coat over a black zipped open hoodie under a black button-up shirt as the sleeves were rolled up to her elbows and had black baggy blood-stained pants. The necklace the figure wore was some kind of dog tag that was gleaming in the moonlight. The figure held up the pipe and bashed the girl in the head, making her drop her cell phone. The girl laid there lifelessly as the figure in the pumpkin head continued repeatedly bashing her body over and over while starting to giggle.