Chapter 2

Kara was running back to the crime scene where her foster dad Joe West, Fred Chyre, and Captain Singh were waiting for her to check the crime scene, and at that moment Captain Singh was starting to get really impatient with the time of Kara.

"You can't keep covering for her. If she's not here now I have to carry on without her," Singh said scolding Joe for the punctuality of her.

"CSI, CSI Coming through. Sorry, I'm late, Captain Singh," she said arriving at the crime scene.

"What was it this time? Did you forget to set your alarm clock? Before you answer, the excuse you gave last time was car trouble. Wanna know why that one was particularly memorable?" Captain Singh said when he saw the young blonde girl arrive

"I do not own a car," she said

"She was running an errand for me. Kara, did you get me what I asked for?" Joe said, trying to save Kara from not being fired.

"Yeah. Yeah, I did. I have it right here..." she said, handing the coffee she had in her hand. She gave Joe the coffee saying "I had a few sips of it," Then Joe made a sign so she could start working on the case. She starts to put her gloves on and now goes to check the tires that were left after the Mardon brothers did their shooting. After some seconds she realized what they had arrived.

"Getaway Car is a Mustang Shelby GT5000. Shelbys have a rear super-wide tire specific to that model. Twelve inches with an asymmetrical tread," She said showing the wide tire, while Joe was writing on his notepad smiling proudly at what she was saying. Then she noticed something that might help.

"And there's something else," She stood up and grabbed the first thing she saw, which was Chyre's pen "Thanks," then she used the pen to see what was that. She smells the pen from what else the tires had.

"Fecal excrement. Animal, I'd guess," then she took a bag and put the pen there as evidence

"My dad gave me that pen... before he died," Chyre sadly argued.

"Sorry..." she shyly said.

Some time passed and Kara was back at her lab looking and searching everything she could for the Mardon brothers while waiting for the results of the evidence she brought to appear. When an average woman with black hair entered the lab.

"Hey Iris," Kara said to the woman, who looked like she was stressed

"Hey Kara," she said, grabbing a fry from the food of Kara.

"Hands off my fries! Really that's the first thing you do? Unbelievable,"

"I'm stress eating over my dissertation. We started selling cronuts at Jitter. I ate two today. If I don't graduate soon, I'm gonna be more muffin top than a woman," she said

"Also, I'm really sorry I wasn't able to go with you to see that sad little, nerdy dream,"

"Don't worry I might not go too as well," She said, sad and remembering she was going to the particle with that Barry guy.

"What why?"

"There was a shooting today. Your dad needs me to process some evidence. Which means I don't know if I'm going to make it to STAR Labs,"

"Aw, that's so sad dude. What was it again? An Atom smasher... Smashing?"

"It's the particle accelerator, and don't worry. It's fine,"

"Right... that. What is so important about this particle accelerator, anyway?"

"Samantha Arias' work in Quantum Theory is light-years ahead of anything they're doing at CERN," she started to say, but Iris was looking at her with no clue of what the blonde woman was saying.