𝟶𝟷.

ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ.

TEKANI E'MARUYA "TEKI" JACKSON
𝗠𝗮𝘆 𝟮𝟬𝟭𝟲.
➪ 𝙿𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚕𝚙𝚑𝚒𝚊, 𝙿𝙰.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

"You sure you been straight cuh? I know times hard right now and I know yo mama and nem just-"

He cut him off shaking his head.

"I'm straight. Imma catch y'all nighas later Aight?" He said, dapping his homeboys up.

They nodded their heads understanding he didn't want to talk right now, or never. He was never the talk about his feelings type.

He handled them on his own and kept it pushing. He ain't like venting, it was just something he never did.

Getting in his car, he drove down to his grandma house, since it wasn't far from where he was just at. He hadn't seen her much since the funeral. He hadn't seen anybody really.

He was keeping to his self, he didn't know their intentions, and people could say what they wanted.

Getting out the car he knocked on her front door.

"Who is it?" Her loud voice asked.

"It's kani."

Opening the door she looked up at him with a soft smile.

"I missed yo' over grown ass. How you been holding up?"

"I'm hanging innere' I'm straight." He shrugged.

"You ain't never been a good liar, I mean you just lost your mama, that ain't something I would take lightly. You know you maw maw baby. Just call me, I was worried."

"You ain't got to be worried. Im straight."

"Of course im gon' worry about yo' hotheaded ass. You ain't never been able to function without her."

"Look like I'm gon' have to learn ain't it?"

"I'm being serious. You heard from your sister?"

"Nope." He said popping the "p".

"I think you should call her."

"She ain't called me. She got my number."

"The phone works both ways Tekani."

"Oh."

"Don't act like that with me boy. Lost your damn mind? Call that girl y'all posed to grieve together. That was both of y'all mama."

"Seem like she was just only mine. I seen her at the funeral and she ain't say nothing to me. I'm cool off that girl."

"Blood is blood."

"Water is thicker than blood too." He shrugged, picking up the pillow that fell off the couch.

"Depends on how thick the water is. I wish you'd realize you have more people on your side kani. Not everybody is out to get your or hurt you."