Chapter 5

i wake up again and feel very uncomfortable

i wake up again and feel very uncomfortable. i open my eyes to be met with the earthy ground of a forest, tall trees surrounding me from every direction. i look around in wonder, the scenery is so tranquil, like nothing i've ever seen before. i get up and start walking, not knowing where i am or where i am going, just enjoying the view when it starts to get creepy.

why was i here? wasn't i at home before? how did i end up here?

it was all too strange, and it was beginning to get dark. fast. i began walking at a faster pace now, desperate to escape the forest when i came across a small house. not thinking too much i walk up to the house and knock on the door, half expecting no one to answer; for who would live in the middle of a forest. so i am surprised when a woman opens the door. she looks to be in her late 40's.

"hello dear, how can i help you?"

i am immediately reassured by her kind voice and just feel that she is someone i can trust.

"i'm sorry to intrude but i have no place to stay and have no idea where i am."

she immediately grabs my arm and pulls me in.

"aw well we can't leave a fine young lady like you just wandering around the forest, it'll be night soon and that's a dangerous time for anyone to be out there alone."

i bow to her and follow her further into the cottage.

"i'm Mrs. Park but you can call me Auntie. what about you dear?"

she smiles at me,

"oh okay. thank you Auntie for letting me stay. my name's Alexia Choi,"

i shyly smile back.

"oh it's no problem dear, i was just about to serve up dinner, and my son should be back soon too."

at that statement i feel a strange feeling wash over me but i shake it off.

"you have a son?"

a soft look spreads across her face and it makes any weird feeling disappear completely.

"yes, his name's Jay, quite a handsome young man. he's probably around the same age as you, i'm sure you'll get along."

i nod as she looks over her shoulder.

"now dear, you go sit yourself down, the dining room is just through there and i'll finish serving up."

"oh would you like a hand, i don't mind helping,"

"no no, you go make yourself at home, i'll only be a moment."

i bow once again to which she chuckles at before walking over to which i assume is the kitchen. i walk over to the next door and am met with a small dining room, a table in the centre which could probably only host 4 max. i take a seat on one of the chairs and look around the room, while waiting for Auntie to come in with our meal. about 5 minutes passes before we are both sat down together, dinner served in front of us. as i thank her for my food, i hear the front door open and a male voice shout out:

"i'm home."

i immediately recognise the voice however i don't know where from. a boy walks and it must be, who i assume is, Aunties son. however as soon as we make eye contact i know exactly who he is.

its him.

the boy with the hypnotic red eyes!

"Alexia, i want you to meet my son, Jay."

i freeze in fear while he continues to look at me, smirk playing on his lips, mischief dancing in those goddamn glowing red eyes.

A/N- Happy (slightly late) Birthday Jay!our corn king is now 19!😭🥺🌽