Chapter Fifteen

Jennifer walked into the principals office. Principal Jackson looked up at her and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"Ms. Munroe, what are you doing here?"

Jennifer walked more into the room and looked down at the ground. "I need to talk to you." She said.

He sighed and gestured his hand towards the chair on the other side of his desk and said, "Take a seat and please make it quick."

She sat in the chair and looked back up at him. "Yes, sir, the teacher that took Mr. Mitchell's place, Mr. Vale."

"Yes, what about him?"

"Mr. Vale tried to do things to me.." She paused and shut her eyes in frustration with herself and shook her head. "No, not try, he did do things to me." She looked back up at him and he was staring at her with confusion.

"What are you talking about Ms. Munroe?" He asked intertwining his fingers together on his desk as he stared up at her.

"I mean he assaulted me!"

"And why should I believe you?"

Jennifer looked at him in disbelief but a part of her knew this would happen. "Seriously..?"

"Well, Ms. Munroe, you never gave me a reason to believe anything you say."

She leaned her body closer to the desk, not breaking eye contact. "Why because of my parents?" She asked, narrowing her eyes at him.

"If you want to put it bluntly, yes."

She shook her head lightly. "Unbelievable." She whispered to herself as she stood up from her chair.

"Take a seat-"

"Just leave me alone, forget I said anything." She walked out of the office and closed the door behind her. Daxon stood up from the bench right outside of the office and looked over at Jennifer as she stared up at him. "I told you." She said before walking down the hall.
Daxon following beside her.

"What did he say to you?" He asked.

"He didn't believe me. That's all that he said." She walked out the entrance of the school with Daxon.

"Seriously?" She nodded. She stopped at Daxon's car in the parking lot and waited for him to unlock it. She got in on the passenger side and he got in on the drivers side and started the car before looking back at her who was looking out the window. "Jennifer." She looked over at him and he placed a hand on her shoulder. "I promise, I will not let it happen again."

Jennifer looked back out the window beside her then said, "I just want to go home." He sighed, but chose to not speak anymore and he drove.

She didn't want to shut him out, but people have made promises to her before and broke them without even trying to keep them.

There was a knock on Jennifer's bedroom door. "Come in!" Jennifer yelled from her desk. The door opened and Jennifer looked over at the door to see her mother smiling at her as she walked up to her daughter.

"What are you doing?" Her mother asked, the smile never leaving her face. Jennifer looked back down at her desk.

"Studying." She answered then looked back up at her mother.