V

Luke walked me back to the Hermes Cabin. He said that people who's godly parent is undecided usually stay there. He asked me once more if I was okay and I said yes. I felt better than before. Being around Luke helped a lot. But, what I really need is a good nights sleep. I am exhausted.

———

I wake up surprisingly early. Its 7 am. No one else is awake in the cabin. I decide to get changed and go on a walk.

As I am walking, I notice a girl practicing her knife skills with a statue. I should probably start making friends, seeing as I am going to be here for a while.

"Hey!" I call out as I jog towards her.

She doesn't say anything. She just remains focused on training. I respect that and just sit there and watch. She notices me and stops training.

"What?" She asks.

"Nothing. I just thought I would be the only one up right now."

"Well, your not, obviously. Want to train with me?"

"I haven't exactly trained before." I say kind of embarrassed.

"Your new here. I saw you in the infirmary. Hows the head?" She asks.

"Better. You wanna teach me how to use one of those?" I say pointing towards the swords.

"I can give you a couple of lessons." She says out of breath.

"Thanks. I didn't catch your name?"

"Annabeth. Daughter of Athena. You are?"

"Stella."

"Grab a sword, Stella."

We start training and it goes on for about an hour. She just teaches me strategies and how to use my sword to my advantage, until everyone starts going to breakfast. Annabeth is a pretty good teacher, she seems a little uptight, but I like her.

"Lets get some food. We can train again after." She says.

"Don't you ever take a break?" I say laughing.

She just laughs and waves goodbye. She sits with her cabin, while I go to grab some breakfast. As I am reaching for a piece of toast, someone grabs the same piece as me and we look up at each other.

Its Percy, this couldn't be anymore awkward.

"Morning." I say with a smile.

He just looks at me, then walks away.

"Really? Your really just gonna ignore me?" I say drawing attention to us.

"Yeah." He says bluntly.

"Whatever." I scoff.

"Trouble in paradise?"I hear Grover ask from behind me.

"Don't start with me, Grover."

"Hey, Stella, just give him some time. He has gone through a lot."

"I get that, but he can't take it out on me."

Grover gives me a look thats says 'I'm sorry' then walks away. I take a bite of my toast and sit down at an empty table.

"You look joyous." Says Luke as he comes to sit next to me.

"Shut up." I look at him and roll my eyes.

He just smiles at me and I can't stop myself from smiling back.

"Don't do that." I say as I stop smiling.

"Do what?"

"Make that smirking face you always do." I say annoyed.