VI

Everyone just stares at me. I feel so alone even though I am surrounded by my friends. When they found out about Percy's dad they all adored him. Why are they looking at me like this?

Maybe because your dad is Hades. Basically ruler of evil. They probably think you are the same.

"Okay. So, my dad is Hades! Yay!" I say totally unenthusiastic and signaling for everyone to stop looking at me.

"Okay, everyone. Go to the dining area to celebrate! The blue team has won since Percy still carries the flag." Says Chiron and everyone disperses.

I start to walk away too, when Chiron calls my name.

"Not you, Stella. We must discuss this."

Great. Thats not something you wanna hear from the head guy.

As I follow Chiron, I can't stop thinking about how weird and awesome this is at the same time. I mean my dad is one of the big three, I can teleport and probably do more, but, no one is gonna wanna be friends with me, the evil spawn.

"Am I interrupting something?" Says Chiron, bringing me back to reality.

"No, sir. Just thinking about everything that has happened."

"Of course, you have been through a lot these past couple of days." He says giving me a sympathetic look, "But, we have to discuss the matter at hand: Your father is Hades. He was banished by the gods to rule the underworld. You are the first known child he has had. He may try to communicate with you. He may already have."

"What are you talking about?" I question him.

"Has he ever asked you about stealing a lightning bolt?"

"What? Seriously? That thing the fury thought Percy and I stole? Sir, all due respect, I just found out he is my father like the rest of you! I have never spoken to either of my parents in my entire life!" I say frustrated.

"My apologies. But, Zeus' bolt has been stolen, we must take every precaution necessary to find out who was it so we can prevent a war. Hades does seem like the most likely to do so."

"Yeah, I know. He's the bad guy." I say about my father. Does he even count as my father if I never met him? Everyone expects him to do something like that, what if they expect the same from me?

"Thats all, Stella. Please, go celebrate with the others."

"I lost? Why would I celebrate?"

"I know, but we all need to come together, even after losing a game."

I nod and walk towards the celebration. Even though I'm not in the mood to celebrate or be around people, I feel like I should talk to Percy, and Annabeth, and Luke. So I do need to talk to a lot of people, about a lot of things.

I walk into the party and try to find Percy, when I start to hear my name being whispered.

"Do you think she took it?" Questions a guy from Hermes' cabin. How ironic.

"Of course. She is probably evil, just like her dad."

"My mom, Aphrodite, told me that Hades messes around with a lot of girls, so her mom could be anyone." Says another random girl.

I just roll my eyes and ignore it. I need to talk to Percy and the others. I finally spot Percy, talking to Annabeth. I can just kill two birds with one stone. I approach them, but they seem to be in a deep conversation so I just stand there, very awkwardly, and wait for them to finish.

"Stella? Hey." Says Percy monotonous.

"Hey, Perc. I actually needed to talk, to both of you." I ask.

"Sure." They both say in unison. I can't help, but feel an awkwardness from people who I thought were my friends.

"You guys don't think I'm evil because of my dad, right?"

"No, of course not. Unlike the entire camp, I know your a good person, soon enough, they will too." Answers Annabeth.

"Thanks, that helped, kind of." I look at Percy, waiting for an answer.

He just stands there.

"Perc?" I say, starting to feel sadness come over me.

"Oh, I umm, you know. We aren't our parents, you definitely aren't as bad as him." He says in a joking, but I still kinda hate you way.

Either way, it still makes me feel even more alone. They both just look at me and smile.

"I didn't choose this, okay?" I yell, "I didn't get to choose my godly parent! Its not my fault he is the god of the underworld!" I say on the verge of tears.

Everyone is staring at me. Everyone. Then, I see Luke. He breaks through the crowd and comes to my aid.

"Hey, you okay?" He asks grabbing my hands.

"Not really. Can we just get out of here? Go to the rock?" I say, holding back my tears.

He gives me a sympathy nod. Then, we walk away from everyone as the Aphrodite girls make oooh noises, Annabeth looks at me in a jealous way, and Percy looks at me like he's sorry, but also in a jealous way. I don't know why they are looking at me like that.

"So, your dad is Hades. Thats kinda cool." Says Luke making me laugh.

"Your the first person to say that. Everyone just says how scared they are." I say wiping away tears.

"Hey, don't listen to them. Most people here don't even have powers like you do. They are just jealous, trust me." He says.

"I do. Its kind of weird for me to trust someone I just met. It took me months before I trusted Percy and Grover. I guess I have issues with that."

He laughs.

"I trust you, too. Your like my best friend, even though we just met the other day, I feel like I've known you my whole life." He says looking at me in a charming way.

His blue eyes are sparkling in the moonlight. I just can't stop staring at him, and he's doing the same. Being with Luke is like a timeout. An escape from reality. He makes me feel like I'm the only person in the world. I think I like him. Oh, gods.

"Stella?"

"Yeah?" I answer.

He pauses for a while and brushes the hair off my face.

"Luke?" I question.

He doesn't answer he just looks at me, with a small smile.

His hand stays on my cheek, then, he pulls me closer, and puts his lips to mine. We kiss, then it becomes more than just a kiss.

It becomes passionate. Like the whole world has gone away, and its just us.

Then, all of a sudden, we hear a big boom and see fire over where the party was.

"Monster?" I ask.

"Probably." He says looking at me, then back at the fire, contemplating whether or not we should go.

"We should probably go see whats going on." I say.

"Yeah." He answers.

Both of us continue to stay still. Looking at each other, then the explosion, then at each other again.

"We- umm. We have to go!" I say choking on my words.