Ending 2: Pierce

| Pierce |

| Pierce |

━━ ・━━

The smell of fresh baked bread being removed out of the oven filled the bakery as the customers ingulf the smell. The smell of vanilla with a hint of caramel was one to die for.

(Y/N) watched in awed as the baker over the counter places the freshly baked bread into a glass counter. Her mouth watering at the thought of her munching away the sweet bread, savoring each and every flavor.

Pierce couldn't help it but smile at the actions of the queen, his heart warming at how exited the female, but quickly went back to his unbothered expression. It made him want to hug her in the middle of the store, but restrained himself as he was only there to watch over her. He was kind off like her personal body guard outside the castle walls as the queen tends to get in trouble at times.

"How can I help y'all" the gray haired baker says as he softly smiles at the pair, taking off his mittens as place them on the counter top. His smile radiating a nice aura as the queen takes a step forward to take her order.

"I would very much like that piece of strawberry cake" (Y/N) says as she points to the tempting cake that had caught her attention when entering the bakery. Her sugary cravings kicking in.

The baker nods as he opens the glass slide door in his side of the counter, reaching to get the pastry. Gently holding it as it would brake at any moment, the sweet old man wrapped the cake into a turquoise box with the bakery logo, topping with a small smiley face sticker in one of the corners. It was his way of showing gratitude towards his customers.

He walks back towards the pair, holding out the boxed cake as Pierce takes it, (Y/N) taking out her wallet to pay for the pastry.

"No need to" the old man says "Your service as queen is enough. This cake is on the house"

The female soft smile widens, her heart melting by the nice words of the baker. It was hard not to hug the sweet old man.

"Thank you"

The sound of a bell ringing ringed into their ears as they walked out of the bakery, the nice summer breeze caressing their faces. The noises of the townsfolk hummed into their ears, (Y/N) smiling as she watches a group of child Daemos ran past them with wide smiles splattered into their faces

The sun glared down on the pair as they walked on the busy streets of the village, beads of sweat rolling down the queens face as she tried to keep with Pierce who seemed unbothered by the heat. It was quite a mystery to (Y/N) on how Pierce always looked unbothered, even when things are at the worst Pierce will always always have that same expressionless face. She wondered if anyone had seen him smile or even laugh.

There must be a reason why he never showed much expression.

As the queens small legs tried to keep up with Pierce's long legs, she suddenly stops as something had caught her attention. She stood in the middle of the rough brick path as she eyed the vibrant object that was displayed through a glass window. It was almost like the object was calling her name.