―𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

TRIGGER WARNING: VIOLENCE, DEATH, LANGUAGE

𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊 ]

"𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘬𝘺 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘳𝘰𝘢𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴; 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩𝘵𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘳, 𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦."

― 𝘊𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘳𝘢 𝘊𝘭𝘢𝘳𝘦

𝐌𝐀𝐘 𝟗, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟗

𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐄𝐑 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄

𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐃, 𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐆𝐎𝐍

𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄.

If there was anything on this earth that freaked Peter out, he would have to say that it was silence. There was something haunting about it- so mysterious that it truly scared the boy. It seemed to be waiting on him, just like time- watching him from the shadows without a single sound. The silence kept waiting for him to mess up.

To Peter, the true crime against humanity was silence.

Perhaps it was the way he was brought up- living in a house with eight other siblings had made him used to the usual buzzing in the background as he messed around with his gadgets in the corner. The buzzing was a form of comfort that though his family wasn't the best, the boy wasn't alone. Peter knew that if it was silent, then that meant something was wrong. The Parker residence was never quiet- even at the late hours of the night, you could hear the loud snores of Joshua Parker or Kai watching TV.

And the silence that befell his house right now- well Peter was terrified.

He stood up from his bed, the beating of his heart the only sound that he could hear. There was something happening and Peter hated not knowing. He walked slowly, his steps barely making any noise- the lack of magic in his body being a reminder that if something bad happened, he wouldn't be okay. Perhaps, that was what he got for being an abomination.