FOUR

[ 𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔯 ]

[ 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔣𝔞𝔪𝔦𝔩𝔶 ]

"𝘏𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘯 𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘺𝘦𝘵?'

𝘑𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥, "𝘜𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘶𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺, 𝘓𝘢𝘥𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘏𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯, 𝘮𝘺 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘴 𝘮𝘺𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧."

"𝘈𝘵 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘵," 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥, "𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘫𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯, 𝘑𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘞𝘢𝘺𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘥."

"𝘕𝘰𝘵 𝘯𝘦𝘤𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘭𝘺. 𝘐 𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯 𝘮𝘺𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘰𝘤𝘤𝘢𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺, 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘪𝘵 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨."

― 𝘊𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘳𝘢 𝘊𝘭𝘢𝘳𝘦

"we've been living on a fault line and for a while you were all mine"

𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟖

𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐓𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐆𝐄

same day

Family.

It was a funny thing really, how your family were the people you can go around your entire life fighting with but in the end, would even die for. Sometimes, you hate them with every god damned fiber of your very being. And then, there are other times when you love them so much, so freaking much, and with all your heart. Family was the ultimate promise— people that were supposed to love and support you without limits, without restrictions and without any sort of question. Family was supposed to be accepting the person for who they were. Family was... family, and you just have to love them.

But God help you if your family happens to include the Parker's.

Distant yells, music playing, and gentle breezes. This was what used to be the Parker children's reality when they were together as a family. Sometime, it seemed as if their parents would forget about the coven, the looming threat of the next leader being chosen and both Kai and Peter would be a part of this didn't-seem-so-dysfunctional family.

Those were the times when Peter had felt everlasting love for the people that had been around him. He was sure he felt the same right now as Liz engulfed in a hug that almost smelt like home. For the longest time, the only family Peter had had been Aunt May. She was his mother, his father, his siblings, his everything. For the longest time, Peter had tried to forget the people he had loved the most in the world.