Twenty Six

*Donnie's POV*

"We need to get her patched up," I stated as we rushed into the lair.

"Guys? What..." April gasped. She looked at the limp body of Kitanna in Raph's arms.

"Raph, get her into Donnie's lab now," Leo ordered.

Raph nodded and hurried into the lab.

Master Splinter decided to walk out at that time. "My sons, what is going on?"

"Uhh," Leo stammered.

"We'll tell you in a minute, Sensei. Right now we have a big problem," I explained, running into the lab.

Raph stood, waiting for me to do something. The problem was, I didn't know what to do.

I knew that her body could take only so much damage, but not this much. Maybe her blood had something in it?

I felt bad thinking about what made her so able to take that much damage and not her condition right now. But there wasn't much I could do right now.

"What in the world...?" Master Splinter walked in.

"Master Splinter? Will you help me with Casey please?" April asked.

I breathed a sigh of relief as they left the lab.

I tried distracting myself by running around finding random medical equipment to help Kitanna in any way it could. During the confusion I managed to take a blood sample without anyone noticing.

I then found out that her shoulder was dislocated. Picking her up, I gently placed her on an empty table and took her arm in my hands.

"Woah, woah, woah, what are you doing?" Raph protested.

"Raph, her shoulder is dislocated. I have to put it back in place," I explained.

Raph cringed, but nodded. He backed up to give me room.

I breathed in and prepared for a gross outcome. I lifted her arm up and pushed it into the socket.

There was a sickening crunch that followed my move. I wanted to throw up.

I placed her arm on her stomach and went to walk away, but a noise stopped me.

"Aaarrgghh." Kitanna groaned in pain.

"Kitanna? Are you...?" I didn't get a chance to finish.

Her eyes flew open and her breathing quickened.

I about fell back in shock. How?!

---------------------------------------------

*Leo's POV*

I sat on the couch, pondering all that happened. I felt horrible, and that didn't even describe the feeling I had.

Mikey noticed my troubled thoughts and came over. "Hey, Leo? You alright?"

I sighed. "Yeah, just... just thinking."

"It will make you feel better if you talk about it," he replied gently,

"Well... During the commotion, Shredder tried to persuade Kitanna back on his side. He said the only way to gain his forgiveness was to kill me, but it's not that I'm shaken about it's..." I rubbed my head. "Kitanna's reply."

"You mean she agreed?! That...!" Mikey began. I cut him off.

"No, no, no, she did not agree. She said that she was Hamato Yoshi's eldest child." I swallowed. Was this even possible?"

"Leo, dude, I have known this for a while now. Come with me real quick," Mikey stood, running into the dojo.

I had no choice but to follow him.

---------------------------------------------

*Raph's POV*

I rushed over to the other side of Kitanna. Man, did she give me a scare!

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"I... I think so..." she replied hoarsely. Her eyes were glowing yellow a little, but not as bright as the should have been. She had to be in pain.

"Can you move?" Donnie questioned.

"Hey guys I have to tell you something about Kit..." Mikey stopped mid sentence as he noticed Kitanna. "I'll be right back." He ran back out and screamed, "Guys! Kitanna's up!"

She nodded and tried to sit up. I heard crunching and popping, which made me sick. I helped her spin around to where she could get down from the table.

I wrapped my arm around her back and gently lowered her to the ground.

Mikey came running back in, Leo, April and Casey at his heels.

Kitanna went to stand by herself, but her leg fell from under her and she slipped into my arms.

There was a second of awkward silence of us looking into each other's eyes. I was sure I was as red as an apple.

Kitanna breathed in a sharp breath and clutched her right leg. "I think... I think my leg's dislocated," she gasped, her voice raw.

"That can't be..." Donnie looked at her oddly formed leg. His eyes grew wide with realization. "Then again, maybe it is. Alright, setting your shoulder was easy since you were slightly unconscious. This is going to be painful," Donnie explained.

Kitanna grinned lightly. "If you knew how I got the injury, this would seem like a paper cut," she coughed.

Donnie nodded. "Raph, hold her up by her waist. We don't want to re-injure the shoulder. I should be able to jerk it up and over back into the hip bone..."

I did as Donnie told me, trying my hardest not to blush, smile or get sweaty. Kitanna didn't even seem to pay mind to it.

"You guys may want to plug your ears," Donnie warned the others.

None of them did so, and Donnie took in a breath. He grabbed Kitanna's ankle.

"Ready? On three. One..." he pushed her leg up and to the left.

"Aaoow!" Kitanna breathed.

"What happened to two and three?" I asked.

Donnie slightly grinned. "Two, three? Now try walking."

I set Kitanna down and she wobbled. She took a step and another and another. She had a slight limp, but she was alright.

Mikey ran in and gave her a tight hug. "You scared us, cat girl! Don't ever do that again!"

Kitanna chuckled and returned the hug. "Promise."

Mikey released her and Leo stepped up. "Kitanna... I'm..."

She interrupted him with a hug too. "Next time, leave a little earlier so you won't get hurt," she stated.

Leo laughed slightly and rested his hand on her shoulder and returned the hug that way.

"No promises."

***End Twenty Six***