Chapter 37. Mission

It was next morning, and of course I woke up feeling the soreness from yesterday. It wasn't fun, and I struggled going on through my day. It was Tea in the morning and tea in the afternoon. I was bored, I was alone. I watched the hands on the clock move. I walked through the house in my pajamas, and went outside to water the flowers. I dipped my toes in the lake, and lastly made me some food for dinner. The days were going by slower, and I found myself regretting Draco's offer. But oh well, I just had to wait. I don't think I would be returning to Hogwarts, and that was for the best. 

It was July 26th, when I received a letter from Ron, it was unexpected since I hadn't received any mail at all. 

"Dear Serena, 

I don't have long to explain, we're saving Harry tomorrow, as usual. But this time it's different, we heard he might be in trouble. If you want, come, if not then oh well. I'm sorry we had to meet during these type of circumstances, but please we need help. I won't beg, just please Serena. 

                                     From, Ron    "

I read the letter, over, and over. Until I made my decision. I was alone, what did it matter if I died or not. 

"Dear Ron, 

        Count me in       " 

I sent the letter off, and packed some clothes. Was this it? what would happen in the upcoming hours? it didn't matter now, did it. I saw the promise ring Draco gave me on the dresser, I left it on the dinning room table with a letter. If he came or not it didn't matter, now he'll know what side I'm on. I grabbed my suitcase, and took a deep breath. I apparated away, and saw the burrow. 

I knocked on the door, and Fred opened. 

"Serena.." he said. 

"hey, Fred. I'm pretty sure you guys received my letter?" I asked. 

"We did, and we're glad" spoke out Ginny as she went past Fred. 

"we're happy to have you back" she said hugging me. 

"I'm glad to be back, you have no idea how lonely I've been" I replied. 

Us three walked inside the burrow, and I was greeted by everyone. They all seemed a little on edge, due to saving Harry. We went through the plan again, and again, until it was dark outside. 

"Now, don't forget! let's get some rest" said Hermoine. 

We all nodded our heads, and headed to bed. Both Hermoine and I stayed in Ginny's room, and it made me grateful for the big house in which I have. The next morning came, and we all got prepared. Hermoine reminded us of useful spells, and us girls started practicing. It was afternoon, and the Aurors showed up at the burrow. They all seemed so strong, and confident, maybe I should become an Auror. It was afternoon, and we were all getting prepared to leave. 

"Serena there is someone here to see you" said Ginny coming inside the house. 

I walked outside, and there was Pansy, standing there. 

"P-pansy?! what are you doing here?" I asked. 

"Draco wants to meet you, he knows what you're up to Serena, we all do. He went to your house, and found a letter." she said. 

"All of the sudden? where was he when I needed him-"

"I'm here now aren't I?" Asked Draco as he walked towards me. 

"How- ...What-" 

"look we need to talk, and you don't have enough time" he said pulling my arm.