Welcome to Hogwarts

Night has fallen at Hogsmeade station, and the train blew its whistle as it pulls into outside the station.

"Right then! First years! This way!" Hagrid gains the first years attention, leading them to the lake.

'Woah.' gasped Ron, surprised at the giant. Desiree nodded her head, as if to say 'I know, right.'

"Right then, this way to the boats!" Hagrid's loud voice boomed across the mesmerised children.

A countless amount of boats are tied to the deck of the black lake, as Hagrid instructed the first years to go in them. 'No more'n four to a boat!'
Desiree, Ron, Harry and a girl called Lavender were in a boat, pointing at the astonishing castle ahead of them.

The boat ride had to be the best part of it all. It was relaxing, and she was beyond excited to discover her future, but Harry had other plans. He snuck his arms to the distacted girl's back, and splash. Harry and Ron were now laughing hysterically, while Lavender was helping Desiree back into the boat, casting a drying charm.
'Thanks, I'm Desiree McKell.'
'I'm Lavender Brown.' the two blondes said with a smile, before drawing their attention back to Hogwarts.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a moment, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But first, you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin.  Now while you're here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you points, any rule breaking and you will loose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup."

A smallish boy named Neville jumped forward at the sight of a certain toad called Trevor hopping by the proffesor's feet.

"Trevor!" his toad hopped into his hands as some students laugh. He slowly looked up at Mcgonagall's unamused face as the laughing died out. "Sorry."

"The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily." and she walked away, her heels clicking on the floor.

"So its true then, what they're saying on the train. Harry Potter and Desiree Mckell have come to hogwarts."

-Desiree's POV-

Some of the students around us whispered.

"This is Crabbe, and Goyle. And I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." he winked at me, and I just sent him a dirty look back. Ron laughed at this. I had a feeling this would cause trouble.

"Think my names funny, do you? No need to ask yours. Red hair, and a hand me down robe? You must be a Weasley. You'll soon find that some wizarding families are better than others McKell, Potter. I can help you there." Harry, which I silently thank him for, answered for the both of us.
"I think we can tell the wrong sort for myself thanks."
Malfoy glared at us, mouthing 'mudblood' to me. I knew exactly what it meant, Avery'd been called it serveral times by other Slytherins.
McGonagall tapped him on the shoulder with a rolled up peice of parchment.

"We're ready for you now. Follow me." she told us, as Malfoy gave us one last glare.