Caretaker!Shuichi x Hospitalized!Kokichi

This chapter is sort of angsty? I mean, I'm not good at writing it so yea lol

Shuichi Saihara's POV

"Hey Kokichi," I whispered softly as I sat down on the chair that was placed next to his bed.

"Hey Saihara-Chan," Kokichi whispered back as he tried to push himself upwards into a sitting position. I helped Kokichi, avoiding all the wires that connected to him. "Thanks-!" Kokichi replied with his usual cute smile and tone. I let out a small laugh.

"So, how are you feeling? Any better?" I questioned as I placed my hand on top of his.

"The same as always. Sick. Bored. Tired." The small boy responded, sighing at the end of his sentence.

"Sorry to hear that... anything you want me to get for you?" I offered.

"Mhm!!" Kokichi nodded, making all of the wires flop up and down on his hospital bed.

"Well... what is it?" I asked, hoping that it wasn't something crazy.

"Gimme your face, Saihara-Chan," Kokichi giggled as he held out both of his hands.

"Wha-" I started but was cut off by Kokichi's begging.

"Pleassseeeeeee??"

"Ah, fine..." I finally mumbled. Honestly, I was curious about what Kokichi would do. Kokichi's eyes lit up with joy. I sighed as I sat on my knees to reach Kokichi's sitting level. He grabbed my face with both of his hands. Kokichi didn't do much. He just kissed my forehead. Oh wait- holy sheesh- Finally realizing what had just happened, I released my head from the boy's grip, a dark blush creeping onto my face. "Wh-why- Kokichi-!" I stuttered, placing my hand on my forehead. Kokichi giggled.

"Cause' your cute, Saihara-Chan!! I couldn't resist it!!" Kokichi managed to say as he continued to softly giggle.

"Kokichi..." I sighed and shook my head. Cute? He thinks IM cute? Then what is he? If IM cute then Kokichi's like- CUTE cute cute...

"What is it, detective? Whatcha thinking about? Are you gonna confess to me right now?" Kokichi taunted, still giggling. I looked at him and smiled.

The rest of the day, we played board games. Oh- plus the part when Kokichi started going on and on about his evil organization.

Time skip to a week later

Kokichi Ouma's POV

*Knock* *Knock*

Took Saihara-Chan long enough to get here >:l

"Come in!" I shouted as the door creaked open.

"H-hey... Ko-Kokichi-" Shuichi mumbled.

"Hey, what's with the stuttering and stuff? Something happen?" I replied, sitting myself up.

"Well... yeah..." Shuichi muttered again.

"Tell me, tell me!!" I ordered. I stared at Shuichi's face as it quickly turned from pale to bright red. Did I say something wrong..? "Did I make you flustered?? Aww, sorry!" I apologized with a giggle. Shuichi glanced at me then looked back down at the floor. Somethings up... what's wrong with him? "Hey, Shuichi," I said, concerned, "tell me what's wrong. You'll feel better once you do! Promiseeeeee!!!" Shuichi gulped at my statement as he finally made the decision to walk up to the side of my bed.

"Kokichi..." Shuichi whispered.

"Yesssss???"

"W-will y-you be..." Shuichi silently mumbled the last part.

"Saihara-channnnnn!! Speak up to me!! Cmon!!" I encouraged.

"W-will you uh b-be my- my boyfriend-?" Shuichi whispered, loud enough for me to hear. My eyes widened with surprise. It was quiet for a good 5 seconds.

"That's what you were all worked up about?" I giggled. Shuichi's eyes widened at this.

"What...?" Shuichi asked, confused. "Is that a n-no..." I quickly realized what Shuichi was thinking.

"Oh!! Oh, nono!! Of course not!! I would never say no to that!!" I quickly confirmed. Shuichi's posture straightened again.

"Sooo,"

"Sooooo it's a yes!!! I'll be your boyfriend, Saihara-Chan!! And once I get out of this hospital, we're gonna have the time of our lives!! I promissseee!!!" I exclaimed as Shuichi's eyes flashed. Without me realizing it, Shuichi pulled me into a hug and rested his head on my shoulder. I giggled softly. I picked up my left hand and brushed Shuichi's soft hair with my hand.

"I love you... Kokichi..." Shuichi stated.

"I love you too, Saihara-Chan.." I whispered as I wrapped my hands around his waist, hugging him back.

Time skip to a month later

Shuichi Saihara's POV

This can't be happening this can't be happening this can't be happening this can't be happening this can't be happening this can't be happening... there's no way this can be happening...

*Flashback to a few minutes ago*

"Yes? Who is this" I asked, answering the phone.

"This is the Mental Illness Care hospital, we would like you to immediately report to Ouma Kokichi's hospital room. There has been a severely negative change in his health." The caller answered, quickly. I covered my mouth to hold on my shriek.

"I'm coming." I replied, trying my absolute hardest to sound calm. Immediately hanging up the phone, I sprinted to my car and started driving to the hospital that Kokichi was being cared at.

*End of flashback*

I finally arrived at the hospital. Rushing as fast as I could, I hurriedly made my way upstairs and into Kokichi's room. As soon as I opened the door I shrieked in panic.

"KOKICHI-!!!" I screamed as all the other nurses, doctors, and therapists looked at me with concern. Some with tears in their eyes. "What.. what happened..." I cried out. One of the therapists gestured their arms towards Kokichi's health charts. I took a long breath and held it.

"He's just barely alive. A few more minutes and he won't make it." The doctor whispered, looking at Kokichi's silent body.

"We can give you a short amount of time to say something to him... but we're too late for anything more." A nurse said as tears rolled down her face.

"...what..." I whispered. I didn't even realize that tears flooded my eyes, making it hard to see anything. One by one, the group walked out of the room, closing the door once the last one walked out. "K-Kokichi...?" I whispered as I kneeled next to his bed. My voice broke and it was hard to keep from having a full break down. I placed my hand in his motionless hand. "Please... reply to me... in any way that you can..." I cried. Suddenly, a light squeeze was felt around my hand. I looked up at Kokichi's face. His eyes were just barely open as he looked at me, tears in his eyes. He wore a soft, loving smile on his face. "Kokichi.. please don't leave me.. you- you promised. You promised that once you were out of here we'd enjoy the rest of our lives together..." I begged for him not to leave me, pretending as if he could control his state right now. "Please don't go... please... I'm begging you..." I whimpered as I felt Kokichi's thumb rub along my hand. Suddenly, the machine that was connected to Kokichi with wires made a loud beep, signaling that his time was on the VERY verge of ending. "No, no, no, please..." I begged, looking into Kokichi's eyes. Five words escaped Kokichi's mouth.

"Don't forget about me... alright?"

Right after those words, the room went silent. Except for the loud, long noise that the machine beeped. He was gone. The person who I was going to spend the rest of my life with was... gone.