Chapter 1

As I brushed my dark chestnut hair, the family maid, Rosetta knocked on my door. "Come in!", I shouted from my vanity facing the window. "Your Mother and Father are calling for you, regarding your debutante ball, miss." She said timidly. "Oh, yes I will be right down, can you help me put on my dress, please?", I asked. "Yes, of course, miss." She said.

Rosetta helped my zip my dress up from the back. I smoothed out the fabric, letting the fabric swoosh around. The dress looked lovely on me, the pale beige standing out against my light tan skin. I put a bow in my hair, letting the rest of my hair fall in a half-up-half-down style. The way that my face-framing bangs fell around my face helped my facial feature look better. My forest green eyes burst against my tan skin. I left my room excited to continue my planning.

As I paced down my stairs, I thought, "What could it be now?" I glanced into the room before entering, I noticed a Tall man with black hair. I thought for a second, "Ruben?" I felt my nose scrunch, along with my eyebrows. It couldn't be him, right? I entered the room, quitely trying to make out who it was, He turned around and stared straight into my eyes, his were a glossy blue eyes, similar to Ice. His mouth opened as if to say hello, but nothing came out. My brother walked in. "Seriously, him?!", my brother shouted, outraged, He looked as if he were to murder Ruben if he were to say a word.

My mother signaled James to shut up and be quiet or else she'll put him in an arranged marriage. He shut up after the look, I looked to my mother asking, "What the hell is this?" She looked at me confused that I hadn't caught on. "We're marrying you off." My father stated as my face drained of it's color. My jaw dropped. They're Marrying me off? After I got accepted to fucking  Columbia University. I had opened my mouth to retaliate his words, but nothing came out. It was as if I was at the bottom of the sea and no one could hear me, not even myself. I looked at my mother who was about to hit my father for telling me the way he did. 

"It's for the good of the family!", My mother looked at my father, in almost utter shock of his words.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------A/N: Hey guys! so uh, I didn't really like this chapter so im going to start on the next one, it may be a sad ending lol no bonus ending, i want you to cry- uh anyways, BYE~