5. All I Ask of You

A/N: CONTENT WARNING: Death, graphic depiction of a certain grape bitch being strangled and hung, general yandere behavior from Dabi.

-----------

L'Opera Royale was packed to the brim with guests excited to see the comedy that would be performed that night. Il Muto , or The Mute , was a new piece that not many had seen before. Word spread that Himiko Toga had come out of her very short retirement to grace the stage as the opera's lead soprano once again. Shouta and Hizashi greeted ladies and lords who made their way to their seats. Viscount Takami arrived at five minutes to curtain and quickly made his way to his rightful box.

Inside the theatre, Keigo looked around for two things: the Todoroki family—who he would make a point to see later—and Box Five, the box where the Phantom was supposed to watch the show from. The Todoroki family were seated in the box they had occupied the last time he saw them. The two brothers were bickering again, their sister was the one to get them to stop this time. She hit them both upside the head and shushed them harshly. The two boys looked deeply offended, but their parents gave their daughter a pleasant look; she had handled it perfectly. Keigo smiled at them, and this time one of them noticed. The youngest boy, Shoto, had felt someone watching him, and when he peered across the theater he saw the viscount. His eyes widened and he elbowed his older brother to get his attention. The older boy, Natsuo, almost elbowed his brother back until he saw what Shoto was pointing at. Their old playmate and friend, Keigo Takami, was sitting across the theater! The boys got the attention of the rest of their family and pointed out the viscount to them, they gave him polite smiles and waves as the orchestra started to play the overture.

The lights dimmed in the theater and the curtains were drawn to reveal the set. The backdrop was dressed in pastels and golds, paintings of paintings decorated the fake walls. A large, gaudy bed was placed in the center of the stage with a large, bright pink canopy hanging over it. The canopy was drawn, hiding the two people behind it that were waiting for their cues. Off to one side of the stage, four performers pretended to gossip about Himiko's character, the Countess. They were all dressed in flashy pastel costumes, all decorated with as many ruffles and frills as the costume designers could manage to throw on. Dramatic white paint and bright makeup covered their faces and tall, white-powdered wigs sat on their heads. They looked like ridiculous old nobility from the previous century. The audience chuckled at their appearances and the lines they sang about the whorish Countess and her affair with the pageboy.

Shame! Shame! Shame!

This faithless lady's bound for Hades!

Shame! Shame! Shame!

The canopy over the bed is drawn, revealing the Countess and her pageboy kissing passionately. The Countess was dressed even gaudier than the troupe of gossipers. Her white-powdered wig stood well over two feet tall, bright pink bows, ribbons, flowers, and jeweled pins and accessories covered it from top to bottom. Her makeup and jewelry—white face paint, thin black eyebrows, and pink lipstick paired with huge diamond earrings that touched her shoulders and an equally enormous diamond necklace that must have weighed a ton—were just as dramatic and flashy as her hair, but the real showstopper was the pink, glittery mass of fabric that was her dress. Pink and white frills almost drowned out the girl who wore them. A huge bow took over most of her torso, and an even bigger one decorated the back. The enormous skirt was just as frilly and bow-filled as the rest of the dress, and the hoop skirt underneath it made the whole thing obnoxiously wide. The audience laughed at the Countess' pompous appearance.

Elle's pageboy costume was much less obnoxious than the Countess', but it was still flashy enough to suit the aesthetic of the show. She wore pale blue trousers, a frilly white shirt, and a corset that had pale, rainbow stripes. Over her trousers was a tear-away skirt—the only thing that made up her character's very half-assed maid disguise.