6. The Viscount

A/N: CONTENT WARNINGS: Slut shaming, smut.

I don't know how nuns or convents work.

Hawks simps come get y'all's juice.

----------------

The day after Minoru Mineta died, Hizashi and Shouta came to the decision that for the safety of both the cast and the opera's guests, they would close l'Opera Royale until the New Year rolled around. They would go two months without shows to grieve, regain their composure, and hope to capture the wretched man who brought this fate upon them. Shouta was wary about closing for two straight months, but Keigo offered them a loan to help cover the building's expenses and eased the man's financial anxieties. On top of the recess they would be taking from performing, the managers and Tomura decided that it would be best for Elle to be kept away from the opera house—for both her safety and everyone else's. This Phantom was willing to murder for the girl, and they didn't want to visit the local morgue again anytime soon.

Shouta, Hizashi, Tomura, Keigo, and Elle sat in the managers' office to discuss their plans moving forward. Elle wasn't really a part of the conversation, the men spoke about her like she wasn't even there.

"Where exactly will she go? It's not like we have family that she can turn to," Tomura snapped. He was afraid for his sister's life, but he was more afraid of what the Phantom may do when he learned that Elle had been taken off the premises.

"We can always send her to the nuns, there's a convent just down the street," Shouta suggested.

She whispered, "I can't do that."

"Come again?" Hizashi asked.

Elle shut her eyes and sighed. She would have been happy to spend some time with local nuns. They were a group of sweet ladies who did all sorts of charity work in the name of God, but they were very strict about who was let into their convent, even when it came to those seeking refuge. The nuns weren't allowed to turn away sinners seeking asylum per se, but there were no rules about how they were to treat those who sought refuge. Rumors of harsh corporal punishment, hard labor, and verbal abuse at the expense of those they deemed "loose" and "impure" spread across the town, and Elle didn't want to be subjected to that. She looked down at her lap shamefully. Four pairs of expecting eyes bore into her, peering into her soul and judging her for the stains that were left on it.

"I can't go to the nuns," she said a little louder.

"And why is that?" Shouta sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. He couldn't handle much more of this shit.

"Well... when the Phantom kidnapped me..." she muttered. Her face was burning from embarrassment; she really didn't want to confess to this room full of men that she had given her virtue away to a murderer. "He, um... we..."

Shouta sighed again, exasperated and dramatic. "God, is every woman in this damn opera house a sl—"

"Finish that sentence and it will be your last," Tomura said. He rose from his seat and glared at the manager, ready to start a fight. The two glared at each other until Keigo stepped between them.

"Tomura is right, there's no need to shame Elle. Look at her, she feels bad enough!" he gestured to Elle, who was sitting with her eyes glued to her feet. She understood that Keigo was trying to help, but his words hurt. She tried to ignore their stares again. Keigo continued with a quirked eyebrow, "Besides, I could have sworn I saw you take one of the girls you deemed a slut to your apartments after the gala. Hypocritical of you to judge, hm?"

Shouta said nothing as his face grew bright red. Neither Keigo or Tomura knew if it was from anger or embarrassment, but both were satisfied with the reaction.