They Don't Know About Us: Third-Year Part 2

Chapter 2:

Draco sits at the dining room table with his parents for his last dinner in the Manor before heading back to Hogwarts. The thought of really asking his best friend to be his princess weighs heavily on his mind. Should he tell his parents or keep it secret? The young Malfoy could say something because his mother is her mother's best friend, but then again, maybe Princess Phoenix isn't someone his father has thought for him.

The Malfoy Family doesn't usually talk about daily things at the table unless it's an important matter.

"I am finished with my dinner," Draco announced. "May I be excused, please?" he asked politely.

"Yes, you may," Lucius answers before taking a sip of his drink from his goblet.

Draco stands from his seat and leaves the table for his room. He needed to pack a few more things for Hogwarts, so he decided to do it now.

Just as when he was about ready to go for Hogwarts, there's a knock at the door.

"Enter," he calls, finishing packing with his magic.

Narcissa enters in with something in her hand.

"Oh, mother," he's surprised to see his mother. "Is something wrong?"

"Everything's alright, Draco," she assures him with a smile. "Do you have a moment?"

"Yes, mother."

His mother sits on the bed, next to Draco. "I want to give you something for Phoenix," she smiles while handing him a gift.

The gift looks like something more personal than a casual gift.

"For Phoenix? Mother, I don't understand."

"Draco, don't decline," she smirks a bit. "I know that you fancy Phoenix a lot."

His ears turn red in embarrassment. "Mother, I can explain-"

"There's no need to explain, my son," Narcissa smiles, taking one of her hands to his cheek. "She's a brilliant witch and everything that I hoped for you, Draco."

"Are you sure, Mum?" he had to ask because he knows that his parents or anyone outside of him know Phoenix's true identity. "She is the daughter of your best friend."

"That's one of the reasons that I know that you're in good hands when it comes to romance."

"But Father-"

"Don't worry about him now, Draco. He'll come around eventually," Narcissa smiles softly. She leans forward to kiss his forehead. "Well, it's best to get ready for bed early. We got a train to catch tomorrow. Goodnight, love you, my son."

"Goodnight, love you too, Mum," Draco smiles back a little.

His mother leaves him with his thoughts.

Draco curiously opens the gift, and his smile grows more when he sees what's inside. It's a sterling silver necklace with nature-inspired engravings around an emerald stone. The necklace symbolizes both Slytherin and her nature roots, so he knows that this is perfect for giving the secret princess when he officially asks Princess Phoenix to be his princess.

Meanwhile, in the Queen's Wood, Princess Phoenix gets ready for bed while wearing black and grey sweatpants with a black tank top. Her raven/grey hair falls closer to the middle of her back as her skin becomes slightly paler.

Leith crawls into bed, ready for bed as well.

"Somebody's excited for Hogwarts," the young princess chuckles, climbing into bed as well.

Some hissing is heard from the other side of the door.

"Come in," Princess Phoenix turns at the door.

A serpent Slytherin the bedroom and greets the young girl and her faithful companion.

"Hello, Daddy," she smiles, seeing him.

The snake transforms into King Serpent's human form as he sits on the edge of the bed. "Are you ready for returning to Hogwarts, daughter?" he asked his daughter with a smile.

"Very much so, Daddy," Princess Phoenix nods her head. "I can't wait to see everyone again."

"That's great," he smiles a bit before getting serious. "Little Phoenix, there's something that I must speak with you."

"Is something wrong, Daddy?" She's curious and a little worried about what her father is about to say.

"Nothing's wrong, daughter. It's just that you know that you will be entering your teenage years in a matter of months," he begins as Leith snuggles onto his motherly figure's lap. "As tradition on my side, you are allowed to proceed into looking for potential suitors, which will eventually become your life partner if you choose this path in life."

"Really?" she's a bit surprised at this.

"Yes, Little Phoenix, but you must know the suitor your mummy and I would love for you has to be strong, brave, and a good father."

"Daddy, are you suggesting I should be with a Gryffindor?!"

"Oh, no! Sweet daughter, bravery is also a good trait for a leader," he explains, freaked out at first before smiling again. "Mummy and I just want to make sure that you are going to be taken care of when we aren't around. Remember that if you and your suitor enter a relationship, you will commit to eventual stages in life, but make sure they're out of love and nothing else. Do you understand, Little Phoenix?" her father asked with a smile, leaning forward a little.

"Yes, I do, Daddy," she smiles again. "But does that mean I will eventually become queen?" Princess Phoenix asked softly, unsure if he will approve of this stage right now.

A half-smirk curls on one side of his lips. "You are a combination of your greats-grandfathers. You are on the path of becoming Queen of Magical Creatures, but there are still some growing up and understanding what a queen needs." King Serpent kisses her forehead. "You will know when you will become Queen, my little princess, but until then, don't grow up too fast, okay?"

"Okay, Daddy."

"Goodnight, I love you, Little Phoenix."

He gently tucks in the princess and firedrake before gently blowing out the candle.