They Don't Know About Us: Third-Year Part 5

Chapter 5:

The first official day of the third year, and now the Slytherin girl has classwork already. She just finished her Potions class with Professor Snape, and now it's time for lunch. Unfortunately, the schoolwork needs to be done before her Defence Against the Dark Arts so that Princess Phoenix could speak with her new professor in secret.

"Your highness?" a soft, low voice whispers from behind.

She turns around to see Professor Lupin standing before him. "Professor Lupin," Princess Phoenix says, surprised, looking up at him. "I was going to speak with you before class."

"I am free right now if you are ready," Professor Lupin smiles softly and clears his throat. "You can do your schoolwork in the classroom, especially when we have a lot to talk about."

"Okay."

The professor and student head towards a classroom in the other direction of the Main Hall. Their minds are filled with the same thoughts and need to be addressed.

Professor Lupin makes deadly sure that no one is around when he closes the door with a lock.

"How is your shoulder, dear werewolf?" Princess Phoenix asked him as she placed her stuff at one of the desks in the front.

"Much better than it's fully healed," he answers smiling, walking over. "Please, your highness, but I don't wish to be called a werewolf."

"Understood, professor," she smiles. "Now, who has attacked you?"

"Someone dark for sure." Her eyebrows raised. "Doesn't matter now, listen, you and I know why we need a talk."

"I understand completely."

"Princess Phoenix," he sighs, sitting down at his seat. "I am dangerous around you, and yet you're the only one who doesn't judge me."

"As your princess, it's my responsibility to take care of all creatures. Also, the Forbidden Forest will always open their arms to you," she tells him, hoping it will cheer him up.

"Really?" his eyes widened.

"Currently, Lupin," she nods, still smiling. "First, Commodore Firenze can arrange for something for you in terms of citizenship with my creatures. "If you wish, I can give you a title in my royal court."

"Thank you so much, your highness," Lupin smiles again, kneeling on the floor.

"You're very welcome, professor," she bows to him. "Now, arise."

Mabzu emerges from the Forest with a fistful of dead ferrets by the tail. Professor Hagrid wants him to get some for the class meeting later on today since the students will finally use the textbooks.

A bird appears, circling him playfully, making cute chirping sounds. He scowls at the creature as it flutters away in different moves passing the floors and then into a birdbath. Soon it rests upon an ancient tree, but a branch swings the bird into the air as feathers fly while Whomping Willow tree returns to its usual shape.

Mabzu chuckles in amusement.

Meanwhile, each student sits at the desks of the Divination classroom. It has fat little pouffes among the familiar murky, incense-laden atmosphere.

"Welcome, my children," Professor Trelawney says, beginning class. "In this room, you shall explore the mysterious art of Divination." Her teaching echoes in the classroom. "In this room, you shall discover if you possess..." Phoenix looks over to see the Divination professor, Sybil Trelawney, glide dramatically into their view with her eyes huge and bug-like behind the enormous glasses. "The sight," she runs into her table stand, making some students chuckle. "Hello," she smiles. "I am Professor Trelawney," she walks around the table. "Together, we shall cast ourselves into the future!" Her arms are up in the air. "This term which we will be focusing on Tasseomancy, which is the art of reading tea leaves. Please take the cup of the person sitting opposite you."

Princess Phoenix was about to take Draco's cup since he's sitting next to her, but he gently stops her with a smile. He switches the cups like a gentleman and places his cup in her hands while giving her a wink, flirting a bit. The tips of her ears begin to turn a pinkish colour as a shy smile curl on her lips.

"You see, the truth lies deep buried within a book waiting to be read, but first, you must broaden your minds," she waves her hands around a Gryffindor student's head. "First, you must look beyond! You boy!" Professor Trelawney exclaims to Nevile Longbottom. "Is your grandmother well?" she asked, getting a vision.

"I...I think so," he wasn't sure how to answer.

"I wouldn't be sure of that," the professor continues. "Give me the cup," she asked his partner for Neville's cup. She takes a look and says, "Awe, hmm, pity."

"Impressive," the young princess chuckles.

"Anything is possible," Draco says to her, chuckling as well.

"Broaden your minds," she continued, walking around.

Princess Phoenix opens her textbook on the subject when she feels Professor Trelawney coming over. "Young lady, are you currently seeing someone right now?" she asked, surprising her a bit.

"As of right now, no, I am not seeing anyone, but I'm thinking about someone," the secret princess admits.

"One of them is not for you at all. Stay away from him!" Professor Trelawney warns the more surprised princess.

"Yes, ma'am."

Draco looks at his crush, a little more concerned that their professor could be referring to him.

"Your aura is pulsing, dear," the professor comments to Ronald Weasley, a little frightened. "Are you in the beyond?" she asked the now scared Weasley. "I think you are!"

"Sure," he answers, not knowing what to say.

"Your cup, tell me what you see?"

"Oh," Ron looks through his textbook. "Well, Harry got this wonky cross, that's childhood suffering, and that there could be the sun, that's happiness. So....you're going to suffer, but you're going to be happy about it."

"It means Potter has gone through so much in life, but there is light in his future where he will find happiness," Princess Phoenix explains from their table.

"Good, good, Miss Emberson, ten points to Slytherin!" Professor Trelawney smiles towards the Slytherin girl before taking the cup to look inside, but she lets out a scream.

"What is it, Professor?" she asked worriedly.

Their professor turns back to Harry with a mixture of pity and fear. "My dear boy.....You have the Grim."

"Oh boy," the young princess mumbles.

"The Grin? What's the Grin?" Seamus asked.

"The Grim takes the form of a giant spectral dog; it is among the darkest omens in our world. It is an omen of death."

When class ends for the day, Princess Phoenix tells Draco that she will meet up with him a little bit. Draco nods his head, not wanting to question his princess before leaving the classroom.

"Professor Trelawney," she speaks to her professor once everyone begins to leave the classroom. "I was wondering-"

"You wish to seek some answers of what I told you," she answers, knowing what her student wanted.

"Yes, Professor. I'm interested in finding someone special now or at least getting to know the person more, but I feel like I am torn between two suitors."

"One has a heart of pure evil, and the other is misunderstood. The one with a misunderstood heart is the one you should keep on your side."

"Is that all you're going to tell me?"

"I'm afraid so, your highness."

"Thank you, Professor," she bows in respect before turning to leave.

Just about when she's about to leave the classroom entirely, her sharp hearing hears the professor whisper, "Be strong, Princess Phoenix."