How it All Started

"You seem so lost in thoughts. What crime did you commit to find yourself here?" Monique asked.She was the oldest inmate within the walls of prison. Unlike others who were so rowdy. Monique was motherly and defended me when other inmates teased me.Tears started rolling down. I missed my kids so much. I missed my freedom. I miss my life. I can't believe I was going to be here for 15 years. If only I listened to my parents, I'd not be in locked here."That's the feeling I had 20 years ago. I had a fight with my co-wife and I accidentally pushed her. She hit her head on a hard surface a passed on later. I was charged with murder." Monique comforted me."How did you find yourself here?""I don't know""What do you mean you don't know""Everything happened so fast that I am still in shock.""What did the judge say?""She said so many things that I couldn't understand. My lawyer told me my case was a hard one and me having 15 years was on the lower side."It was time for supper. We had to join other inmates for the tasteless Sukuma Wiki and half cooked Ugali.The prison warden counted all of us and confirmed none of us had sneaked out. It was the beginning of the many cold nights.I remember how it all started.I was a very active member of the path finder's group. I am born and raised an Adventist. Sabbath in our Family is strictly observed as from Friday evening. One day we were from Church when I passed by Sarah's place. It was restricted and we didn't have the keys to open the main gate. Luckily, someone opened from inside."Hello! Is Sarah around?""No she's not around. Tell me your name gorgeous lady""I am Elizabeth and Sarah is my friend I didn't see her in church today and I decided to pass by""Has anyone ever told you how beautiful you are?""Just tell her I passed by""Wait! Don't you even want to know my name?""Next time"I rushed of just in case some choir members see me and report to my mum that I was flirting with a man.Sarah came to our place and she seemed so excited. She called me aside and we rushed to my bedroom."Guess what?""What are you talking about?""Someone has crush on you""Who?""It's Frank ""Who's Frank?""That guy who talked to you yesterday. He's my cousin""He wants to meet you""I can't. My parents will skin me alive""It's just a meeting nothing more?""I am so scared""I'll go with you""When?""Tomorrow after school. You'll tell your parents we'll be discussing from my place Frank we'll be waiting"Sarah can really convince and confuse you at the same time. I fell for this trap.The next day after school, I did all the chores needed and told my mum I was going to study at Sarah's place. She didn't suspect anything since we always do that.Sarah's parents don't come home early and the siblings always go for their remedial lessons. It was perfect timing. Frank came with some boxes of chocolates with a piece of black forest.I blushed."Sarah can you excuse us a bit" Frank requestedSarah went to her room and I was left with him alone.I was shaking. I had read stories where men lock girls in their rooms and rape them. "You are scared of me""Yes" "I can't hurt my queen and the mother of my children. Relax. You are very safe. The door is opened."There was no discussion that took place. I was just shaking."May be you are comfortable with Sarah around""Yes"