I am Being Frank

It was a rule that male visitors can only visit the halls from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm. Frank was in the room by 7:00 am with shopping.

"Hey! Don't you think it's too early?"

"Good Morning! Here's some hot chocolate for you and lunch for us as we head for the service"

"I need to take a shower"

I rushed to the shower and asked him to excuse me I dress. He just shook his head and stood at the balcony for a while then came back when I was done.

I was taking breakfast when Abigael came in a hot pant, cropped top while swinging her freshly fixed Marley braids.

"Hi, Beth! I want you to help me with some questions in Physics are you available now or we can do it in the evening?"

I almost spill my chocolate.

"Abigael! Are you for real? I have a feeling there's something else you are searching for. If it's a question to be answered, you always go to hall six".

"Oh! Sorry. My manners didn't know your boyfriend is around"

She left and I noticed Frank's cheeky smile.

"We should be on our way. The service starts at nine"

JKUSDA is the association of Adventist Students in JKUAT and our services are always held in the lecture theater.

The service ended at around 5:00 PM and we headed back to the halls.

"I didn't know you can sing so well"

"You've never given me a chance."

"There's something we need to organize. I need to meet your parents we start planning or wedding."

"Is that a proposal?"

"Whichever way you want to take it. Ninaweza zubaa na machali wa Hall Six wavuke na wewe"

"Ama uvuke na madame wa Hall 2. It's either way. I watched you yesterday stealing glances at Abigael."

We were talking when he removed his shirt, laid on my bed, and dozed off. He must be really tired.

He is so handsome while sleeping. I rushed to get supper but I was doubting whether he'd love it.

I decided to check on my greatest confuser Sarah to loan me some cash refundable when HELB smiles at me or Frank blesses me whichever came first.

I found Sarah dead asleep.

An idea came through of going to Hall Six and Fuliza then I buy '19 Omelet' for 2 but then gave up. Why would I go through this labor for Frank who is so rich? I came back to the room and found him awake.

"I ordered a meal of 2 from Glovo it should be here any minute," he said putting on his shirt.

He had barely finished when the delivery man called.

Anything with Chapati completes me. I was in Seventh heaven.

It was nearing 10:00 pm and I was getting unsettled with Frank's presence.

"And why is it that I haven't seen any of your roommates?"

"Everybody has a different program on weekends. Some go home, others to their boyfriends' place, a few in Hall six, and some of us keep around."

"So I can pass the night here?"

"No"

"You are my wife remember."

"But no"

"Can I ask you a personal question?"

"I know what you want to ask"

"The answer is no"

This was now a battle of the mind game. I had cornered him.

"I am going to spend the night here if none of your roommates is around"

He had already made up his mind and I couldn't convince him anymore.

At around 1:00 am he started getting numerous calls. The funny thing was that his responses were only one word.

Yes

No

Mmh

Sawa

Poa

Okay.

I brushed it off.

I was awakened by Sarah's voice.

"Hey Beth! Do you have some painkillers cramps zinanimaliza"

I hadn't uttered a word when she saw Frank dressing.

"I hope it's not what I am thinking, Frank alilala Hall 2? Beth did you.........( making funny facial expressions)"

"Chukua Bruffen uende"

"Hii udaku ni moto hata crumps zimeisha"

"How did it go?"

"We'll talk later"

I simply dragged Sarah out.

"We need to start planning for a wedding as soon as possible. You'll have to tell your parents and we organize dowry payment and the wedding will follow" Frank sounded so serious.

"You shouldn't have spent the night here"

" Are you guilty?"

" You didn't answer me?"

"Who was that who called you last night?"

"Changing the topic"

He held my waist and I forgot the guilt and bitterness I had. He caressed me and kissed my neck gently.

"Once we formalize everything, you wouldn't be afraid of anyone. It will be very soon"

Whenever I have done something wrong the echoes of my mum's voice start replaying in my head " Whatever is done in secret will surely come out. And when it does it stinks"

I was lost in thoughts when my phone started ringing.

It was my mum calling.