Moments When We Thought Arkayna Was Badass But She Just Did The Dumbest Things

Hey guys. Back at it again. As the title suggests, this rant is mostly about Arkayna doing stupid things, so if you actually like Arkayna as a character and you think that some of her reasons are justified, then I suggest you skip this one. Anyway, here it is, kiddos.

***************************************************************************************

1.Crashing Gawayne's coronation party. Literally, she could have doing anything else with her night, but Gawayne just had to fucking taunt her with Gourmet cupcakes. She is literally so privileged that she could get gourmet cupcakes any time she fucking wants, so just... why? It was nice that she learned her lesson in the end, but still. Just... why?

2. The hair whip scene in Episode 5 (Eye for an Eye). But to be fair, I kind of understood why Zarya was pissed off because when hair gets in your face it's itchy (hence why Zarya probably has short hair). And I guess the slow-motion climax at the end of the episode with Arkayna whipping her hair is supposed to be badass, but looking back at it, it was just petty. The saddest part is that even though Zarya told her that it annoyed her and that that was why she on the list, she still does it anyway. *sigh*

3. Literally every time the Mysticons defy the Astromancers, Arkayna almost always has to be the one that comes up with the idea (with the exception of Zarya in Episode 14 "The Dome"). Literally everyone, including Malvaron, just brushes over the fact that the Astromancers are the Mysticons' bosses, yet they rebel anyway because Arkayna wanted them to.

4. Episode 14 (The Dome) where she decides to abandon the whole city to save her 'half-dead' parents. And the worst part is that she doesn't even get the statues at the end of the episode.

5. Episode 17 (Quest of the Vexed). Where do I begin with this one? I remember in the podcast they were saying that, before this episode, Arkayna never acted that way towards Emerald ever, which I believe cause she loves Emerald. But she literally tunes out Emerald like all day, and it wasn't until Em pointed it out, she realized her mistake. And don't even get me started on the baby talking to the purses. And then she's like "Never come between a girl and her purse" and I'm like "You have got to be the most unrealistic teenager ever."

6. You already know what my problem is with Episode 20 (The Prophecy Unleashed). I don't think I need to repeat myself. It was cool that we got to see her use her telekinesis, but still...

7. Episode 22 (Star-Crossed Sisters). To be fair, this was kind of Proxima's fault too because she should have tried to stand her ground and say that she wouldn't go out with Arkayna. But still, they both knew that they weren't supposed to be seen together and out in public, so... why have a girls' day out? Y'all could have just stayed inside and watched a movie or something.

8. Episode 25 (Twin Stars Unite), Arkayna should have listened to Malvaron and stayed behind. Sure she thought Proxima was family and she was determined to save her, but she should've trusted her girls to save Proxima on their own (Even though we wouldn't have gotten the reveal if she did do that).

9. Episode 38 (Eternal Starshine of the Mage's Mind) where she resents Proxima like the whole episode. Not that I thought it was badass, but still... glad she realized her mistake.

***************************************************************************************

And that's all I have for today. Real quick question. I'm trying to do a series of one-shots for Zarya's Scream, but the only ideas I have in mind are a Melody(Queen G.)xDreadbane chapter, an Eartha chapter where she spends some time with Emerald and maybe an ArkaynaxMalvaron chapter. I could also do Gawayne, but his emotions are kind of hard to capture. So, if you guys have ideas in mind, I would love to write them for you. And I suggest you allow your imagination to run wild with this one. Piece! And stay safe!