Rant #6

1. Alright, so let me see if I can make sense of the Spectral Dragon dilemma. So in Fear the Spectral Hand, Proxima said that the mask convinced the witch to summon a Spectral Dragon. I assume either Auratha or Valmauk had enough power to store it back inside the dragon egg for the next thousand years. But the weird part is that rings were made to destroy the Spectral Dragon if twins appear in the royal bloodline. So the twins are supposed to unleash it and destroy it too? And the person that obviously had enough power to make said rings couldn't destroy the dragon themselves because... destiny? I think? And then just the fact that they knew they needed two rings instead of one, assuming that the rings were at Mount Tyrannus for thousands of years. Or maybe their magic can't work with the rings? But why would they design it in a way that makes it inaccessible (especially to them) for thousands of years? Why do the 'twin stars' have to be people of nobility? They couldn't just be commoners or the actual twin stars of Samara like what Proxima had suggested? I don't know, but maybe I'm just thinking about it too much... It's just the whole premise of Spectral Dragon exists somehow, something happens to it after the Dragon Wars, and now we need twins to unleash it from the egg and destroy it too. Because we have no control over this Spectral Dragon whatsoever. Yeah, okay Mysticons...

2. Love the fact that I'm not the only one who can't stand Queen Goodfey. Every time this woman opened her mouth in 'Age of Dragons' it made me want to tell her to shut the fuck up and take a seat. I think we can safely assume that Darius is better. I vote we call her Karen from now on...

3. So how old was Zarya when Kaos raided her village? I think it's twelve, and it says so on the Fandom page too. But in other fanfiction, I see some people say she was either 10 or 11. So now I'm confused... Was it ever confirmed at all?

4. Gawayne really gave himself and Lateensia a couple name immediately after she broke up with him... I can't with this show anymore. Gwateensia. Of all things...

5. So in Scourge of the Seven Skies, when Zarya introduced Kitty to the other mysticons, it would mean that Piper's meeting all the Pink Skulls for the first time in that scene. But then in Mutiny Most Fowl when Zarya's telling the girls about Kaos, Piper just casually blurts out how shrimpy Kasey was back then. How would she know what Kasey looked like when he was younger if they'd never met before? Maybe she saw a picture of him prior to that, but I doubt it.

6. I just realized that if the Mysticons were to free Shaar Teleri from the mask, she would be like over two thousand years old and probably look like she's in her twenties...

7. Can we just talk about how the only episode where the main focus was babies was the most cringeworthy episode ever. And then there's me who wants to write about Melody having newborn twins in Melodic Kaos. *sigh

8. The excruciating awkwardness when Proxima and Queen Goodfey meet for the first time...

Proxima: Hello Your Majesty. Yes, I made magical counterparts of the Mysticons to destroy your daughters, and I only hope that we can put all of that behind us.

QG: Oh, of course, Proxima. I'll just totally undermine the fact that you created powerful beings to murder my daughters and their friends and will happily consider you as part of the family. I'll definitely invite you over for roast beef and potato salad anytime.

9. But in all seriousness, are we just going to brush over the fact that Proxima attempted to murder both of the twins in Game of Phones? And that time she tried to kill Arkayna in Snellson's book in Happily Never After? Okay...

10. Queen Melody has a nice ring to it, right? Right???

11. Can we just talk about how Aunty Yaga's hair is all over the place? And on top of that, her arms have to be so huge that they flap just like the sleeves of her dress. *sigh