chapter two

"Wow," Ginny breathed, gazing up at the sky, watching the indigo hues blend with crimson

"Your hair matches that part," Delilah teased, pointing to the streaks of orangish scarlet, and bumping her shoulder against the ginger's.

"Shut up," Ginny grumbled in exasperation, pushing the chuckling brunette away.

"No, I'm serious!" Delilah exclaimed, turning towards Ginny with a slight smirk on her face.

"No, that's the Azkaban escapee after Harry."

Delilah shook her head in amusement, and the two girls broke out in soft giggles. "How is Harry, by the way?"

Ginny then blushed furiously, sprinkles of pink dusting her pale cheeks. "He's fine."

"Still have that crush?"

Ginny reddened even more, but shook her head saying, "no, I don't have a crush on him."

"Right, right." Delilah nodded her head in mock agreement, holding back her snickers at Ginny's oblivious expression. The girls leaned against the railing, staring at the sunset, breathing in the fresh air of the early morning.

"I wonder what classes we have together," Ginny broke the comfortable silence with her outspoken thoughts. "I hope we have potions together."

"Yeah, only because you think I'm a potions prodigy or something," Delilah huffed, her breath fogging from the frigid temperature.

Ginny shifted to face Delilah once again, shaking the brunette's shoulder as if she could rattle the truth into her. "Because you are! Even Snape likes you!"

"He tolerates me. That's hardly liking someone." Delilah locked eyes with Ginny, her emerald green clashing with warm brown ones. The brunette could see the flecks of molten gold in the red-haired girl's irises, even in the dawn's canopy. As the two girls continued to hold gazes, Delilah couldn't help but be thankful that the darkness hid her subtle flush.

Ginny broke the connection first with a sigh. "Well, I've seen your skills. They're incredible, truly."

Delilah flushed even more, turning away towards the sunrise with a dazzling smile. "Thanks, Gin. And I've seen your quidditch skills. You look like you were born to be on a broomstick."

"I'd hope so. I've been stealing my brothers' brooms from our shed since I was six. Never got caught," Ginny retorted with a cocky grin.

Delilah was quick to quip with, "who's the sneaky Slytherin now?", earning a scoff from Ginny.

"Still you."

"I thought I was more of a Hufflepuff," Delilah said in a pensive tone, eyeing the ginger who was shaking her head in disagreement.

"You literally threw a lamp at my head because I said that One Direction is for cinnamon rolls."

"It was an accident!"