Chapter 1 : And Then There Was Even

"Is this supposed to be good, Kevin?" Ben raised the important question — as well as the cup of good ol' Mr. Smoothie in his right hand.

"I'm telling you. You should always try new flavors Ben. It's not that hard to be out of of your normal, boring routine." Kevin speaks as he pumps up the gas.

"Tch. I'll have you know my favorite flavor is still the one I'm ordering next time. It just happens that I ... am very nice today." Ben snickers.

"Ben, this is probably just me but — it does taste really good. Try it." Gwen comments as she sips that cold drink on her hand, some fingers resting upon the straw.

"There you go. Gwen Tennyson Approved." Kevin snares.

"Really?" Ben never looked so shocked. In fact, he was very shocked.

"I mean it does taste like the old school, normal Mr. Smoothie, but its also new and refreshing. I just can't put any words into it. It just ... tastes different." Gwen explains as Ben contorts his face.

Ben hesitantly takes a small sip from the cup. Kevin smirks and Gwen smiles.

"Is it good?"

"I ... I mean it tastes alright ... I guess." Ben says this as he continues to sip through the long straw, this time with much bigger sips than before.

"You say that but you love it Ben, admit it." Kevin cockily remarks his best friend as he smiles claiming his tiny victory. Ben doesn't answer back, seemingly enjoying the drink he's slurping.

Gwen looks to her left at the car window, seeing a familiar sign as they arrive closer. "Oh, we're already here."

As the night approaches fast, Kevin's car drives past a sign that reads "Bellwood City".

---

"Here we are." Kevin slowly parks his car at the front of Ben's house.

Ben opens the car door and gets out quick. Wasting no time, he waves goodbye and heads inside.

Small steps on solid stone makes their way to the front door. Ben's foot was indeed sore, but he can still wait until he plunges upon his soft bed.

"Wait, Ben!" Gwen shouts, calling Ben's attention.

"Yeah?" Ben asks as he pauses right in front of his own door.

"Wait for me. I forgot, I have to ask Aunt Sandra about something." Gwen said.

Ben looks at the green car in the distance. "How about that guy?"

"He can wait. This will be short." Gwen said, while Ben stared at her. "Don't worry. It's not the boring alien stuff." Ben smiles, a silly joke lightening him up.

The cousins then enter the Tennyson household, meeting Frank in the living room with someone who seemed very recognizable.

Blonde hair, tall posture even when sitting, and a seemingly polished fashion sense - Ben had thought of these immediately, right at the moment he saw him.

"E-Even? Is that you?" Ben reacts as he sees the familiar face.

The blonde figure turned his head and dropped his jaw. Everyone was in total shock, once more.

"Ben!! Gwen!!" Even stands up as he sees his cousins. Smiles are written all over their faces as they see each other again in a long time.

Among the tight hugs given, Gwen asks Even. "You seem taller? Like taller than before?" Ben looks at Even from head to toe as well. "Yeah, why is that?"

"Stop being so silly you two! It's still me. I know we last saw each other four years ago, but its not that far you know?" Even explains.

"That's not what we asked, goof." Gwen pinched her cousin's cheek and Even giggled. Ben smiles as he sees a family member coming to visit them in a while. It's always good to see someone very normal, out of all the very not normal things he does all the time.

"What's the long biz for, Gwe- who's this?" Kevin interrupts as he sees Gwen with Even being all close and giggly.

"Hands off, big guy. That's my girl." Kevin runs in front of Gwen, removing Even's hands over Gwen's shoulders.

"Kevin? What are you doing?" Gwen asks as she gets pushed aside by Kevin, blocking her from Even.

"You're letting this guy flirt with you?" Kevin said.

"Kevin, he's n-"

"Gwen? You never told me you had a boyfriend?" Even asks, attracting Kevin's attention.

"And what's wrong with her not telling you anything? Are you related to her? Huh!" Kevin snares. Ben looks at Gwen and Even smiles gleefully.

"I am! Uhhh ... I'm afraid I don't know you're name yet though." Kevin gulps as he stared in surprise.

"What's wrong Kevin? Got a little scared?" Ben smiles, while Gwen nudges his side. Ben yelps in pain.

"S-sorry man ... Though you were hitting on my girl." Gwen hits Kevin as well. "I'm sorry Even, I happen to have a relationship with a jerk." Gwen points out the suspect with her pointer. "This jerk." Kevin stares.

"Say sorry." Gwen stares back.

"I-I just said I'm sorry!" Kevin said, while Gwen pinches his ear. "Alright, alright!"

"Sorry ... Even." Kevin said.

"It's alright. I'm sorry if I was too close with your ... girlfriend. I'll be happy to keep my distance from now on." Even said.

"Even! You don't even have to say sorry!" Gwen speaks up.

"Oh Even, why do you have to be so nice." Ben said.

"It's alright! I respect your relationship! Also, I like him already! He looks like my bestfriend Kyle!" Even smiles. Gwen and Ben sighs and smile after.

"You should tell them what you told me, Even." Frank interrupts.

"Dad? What's that about?" Ben asks.

"I'm staying in Bellwood, for now!!" Even announces. Gwen and Ben looks at him in shock.

"Really?" Gwen asks.

"I am! I'm just trying to explore the world outside of tiring Queens ... And get close to you too, you know?" Even said as he still smiles so cheerfully.

Ben looks at Gwen with a hesitant look. Gwen looks at Ben, with a stare of assurance.

This announcement might not be the best to hear.

---

Ben thought about it. What's going to happen if Even stays in Bellwood for good? What if he discovers their secret? And what if the aliens and bad guys track him down and use Even to their advantage? This bothered him for the last three days.

"Ben." Gwen looks at her cousin.

"We've talked about this yesterday ... and the day before that. I think he's gonna be alright." Gwen said as she walks beside Ben.

"It's just that ... He's here. Bellwood's the least place to be in for a normal human. Or at least, a normal relative of ours." Ben said.

Gwen taps Ben's shoulder. "He's going to be alright. That's what going to happen."

Ben looks at Gwen, staring at her, deeply in thought. " And what if he finds out about us?" Ben raises his hand, showing the new Omnitrix.

"Then we'll tell him about it. No lies." Gwen said.

Ben looks at Gwen as she grips his hand tightly in assurance. Gwen then pulls Ben as they walk out of his house towards the road.

"Beep beep! Rides here." Kevin interrupts as his car swiftly glides across the neighborhood street. His little window slid down to see the two cousins, with Gwen staring at him intensely.

"You could've just quietly drove in. Look at Gwen, she's mad." Ben said as he takes the backseat. Kevin looks at Gwen and Gwen stares back.

"S-sorry?" Kevin said. Gwen sighs heavily and kisses his boyfriend back instead.

"Just drive, Kevin."

"Sure, Madam."

Eventually, Kevin starts to drive off the neighborhood and head out to Downtown Bellwood.

Hoping that it would just be a normal day like they truly desire, nothing will ever be the same after this turn of fate.