Chapter 2 : Going, Going, Gone!

"View's killer here, huh?" Kevin said as he notices the nice view of Downtown Bellwood from the tall apartment building he was currently walking inside.

"Just like the photo he sent us. He wasn't kidding when he said he wanted to have a nice bedroom view." Ben said as he walks with the other two, holding his phone on his right hand and swiping across images Even had sent him a while back.

"Focus guys, look for Room 140 ... 7!! Here!!" Gwen calls the two as she sees the sign.

"Finally, Room 1407. Now we can totally see the rocker view up here!" Kevin said as he crosses his arms, as if he was waiting for someone to open the door for him.

"I'll call Even and totally surprise him that we-"

"EVEN!!" A loud voice of man can be heard inside the apartment. The three are both surpised at what they heard.

"A friend? Ma-"

"BAAM!!!"

Gwen gets interrupted as a loud blast was heard across the door. The three froze in their stances as they hear something unexpected yet so familiar ...

Trouble.

"Even!" Gwen shouts.

"Let me pick the ke-"

"ARMADRILLO!!"

"BAAM!"

Ben, who transformed himself as Armadrillo, has bore the entire door and its wall to create a hole they can get inside.

In an attempt to save Even and an unknown male voice, the three rushed in to retrieve them quickly.

"B-Ben Tennyson???" A strangely familiar voice has rung up to their ears once more. The three turned their heads towards it and saw someone they are not happy to see around.

"Albedo??" Ben asks as he transforms back.

"Why are you here?? Have you come to save Even??" Albedo shouts, with the three having no idea of what he was even saying.

"Wait, how do you know Even?" Kevin asks, while absorbing a bit of metal from a fallen art decor of the apartment's blasted ruins.

"Even? Well he's m-"

"DID YOU KIDNAP HIM??" Ben shouted.

"W-WHAT??!?? NO!!!" Albedo shouts back.

"Where IS he, Albedo. Tell us." Gwen tried to stay calm, hiding the fact that she was surely trembling at what was happening. Her palms lit up bright pink as her energy flowed through her veins.

"H-he got taken away! By a puny mastermind I do not know of!" Albedo said as he convinced the three to believe him. He knew that they would never ever believe him, but this had just happened and he will never accept any accusations of himself being a liar anymore.

"Puny mastermind? YOU'RE the only puny mastermind we know of, so don't be silly and spit it out! Where is he, doppelganger!" Kevin said as he clashed his hammer fists across his chest, displaying his deep anger to find whoever did this horrible thing to Even.

"I'm telling you! Don't be foolish, believe me!" Albedo pleaded.

Gwen hesitates to talk, just like her cousin and her partner. But when Albedo bows down and pleads on his knees, Gwen snaps out of her thoughts.

"Alright. Tell us who now!" Kevin speaks as he points a luxurious stainless blade, which replaced his small fist hammers.

Suddenly, a large stomach growl was heard across the room.

"Anyone heard that?" Ben asks.

Gwen looks around the room where she thinks the sounds came from.

"I-its me ..." Albedo hushed as he bow down lower to hide his face. The three looked at him, all confused.

Suddenly, a laughter makes it way from Ben Tennyson. The others looked at him as well.

"Are you serious? You're really hungry, at this moment?" Ben snickered.

"I-its true!! If it's not for this forsaken form I've taken, I would not have this grumbling ... organ inside me you call stomach!! I despise the Earthlings and their stupid digestion processes!!" Albedo shouts.

Gwen walks immediately towards Albedo and steps down on one knee. "If you don't talk right now, I'll show you a place where you never have to worry about your stomach — just staying alive." Gwen stares deep into Albedo's eyes, feeling him shudder in surrender.

"Well ... That's ... Scary..." Kevin retorts.

"I don't know! Really!" Albedo suddenly lifts his head up as Kevin's blade goes closer to his face.

"I'm telling the truth!! Even just picked me up across the street, walked me here with him to our new place, and suddenly he's taken away by some guy in a blue cloak!" Albedo spoke. Everyone listened carefully and paced it all together.

"What do you mean by 'our' place?" Kevin subjects.

"Yeah ... It seems weird enough you're back here in our place. What's going on Albedo?" Ben remarks.

Albedo gets up on his feet and looks at them. "I knew it was weird when Even said he wanted to stay in Bellwood, the place I least want to go to. Despise even. Queens was already boring for me, but this ... This is just pure hell."

"So you do know Even?" Gwen asks again.

"Yes." A stomach grumbling was heard again. Albedo suddenly collapses in his weak state.

"Really?" Kevin gets weirded out as he sees the pitiful villain in his sight.

"C'mon, we need a better place to talk to — the villain must be off somewhere by now." Ben helps Gwen grab the weakened Albedo.

Albedo looks at Ben. "But what abo-"

"Don't worry, we'll get him soon." Ben assures Albedo.

"And you better explain all of this, evil Tennyson." Kevin's stare burns with hate as Albedo looks up to him. Albedo couldn't move but tremble at his place. This was surely the end of his life, said him being lost in his thoughts.

With a wave of her hand, and the hue of her pupils turning bright pink — Gwen gets everyone out of the wrecked ruins of the apartment with her teleportation magic.

---

"W-where are we?" Albedo notices the ambience of a noisy diner as he wakes up from the sudden rest.

"Your favorite place, must be heaven for a guy like you." Kevin snares as he picks up a cup of cold beverage and sips it with his straw.

"Chili Fries, with extra ketchup, cheese, and a disgusting amount of delicious onions." Ben said as he takes a pack of fries and drops it in front of Albedo.

"Chili fries!" Albedo said as he munches the contents of the pack fast. The three looked at him intensely, looking more worried than shocked. Ben even took his own water and offered it to Albedo, obviously getting a 'no' — for being too busy munching on the delicious fries.

"So ... What's your deal with Even?" Gwen asks.

"Yeah? How did you know him and what happened up there, huh?" Kevin said.

"Y-you shih, whe wurr nort hrily-" Kevin immediately hits the table and stuns Albedo.

"Talk seriously — we're serious about that Null Void Lifetime Sentence too." Gwen said as she speaks back to Albedo. Albedo gulps the last of his fries and swipes his mouth with his hand. "It was delectable. You're service has been deeply appreciated."

Kevin growls on the side with his mouth, while Ben looks at Albedo with much more interest.

"Whag?" Albedo gulps. "I mean 'what', Ben Tennyson?"

"How do you know our cousin?" Ben asks.

"Well ... He ... He picked me up ... He found me ... When I was lost." Albedo said. Gwen and the others stared at him, weirdly.

"Is that a metaphor for finding out your true self or-"

"He ... He found in the backstreets — Where I wandered off after you threw me into space!" Albedo interrupts Ben, with the other one raising his hands.

"Interesting ... Even would do that. Remember when he took an old man from the streets and treated it with dinner in the Rustbucket?" Gwen said, while Ben laughs it off.

"Grandpa Max was so scared the guy would freak out if he knew there were only can of worms to in there." Ben fondly remembers the last time they were together.

"Is he some kind of saint here? Cause that's the vibe I'm getting around here." Kevin crosses his arms.

"He ... He accepted me. Even though he had no need to intervene through my life ... He just had to take care of me. He said I needed someone to stay with me while I figure myself out." Albedo wanders his eyes off as he remember Even's words. Ben puts his wrist up unto the table and places his right cheek to rest on it.

"Knowing him — he totally knew you were really lonely. He'd figure that out on his own." Ben said as he munches on his own set of chili fries. Albedo seems to agree, confirming it with a deep nod.

"Listen, Albedo. If you were really there as his friend, you'd know why he was taken away." Gwen comes closer towards Albedo. "Do you have some sort of due payment from some villain you fooled into your business, huh?"

"N-none. I'm as clean as a Taydenite heater shield."

"Are you telling us the truth? You lie an awful lot." Kevin asks. "Like all the time."

"I'm telling the truth! I have no idea who has Even! He was just there, staring at the window quietly!" Albedo said.

Suddenly, a person comes up to Ben.

"Wh- Oh, a fan?" Ben asks.

"No. It's me."

"Grandpa Max?" Everyone stays still as they see the man right in front of them.

"What's it about, Mr. Tennyson?" Kevin said.

"It's about your cousin." Max said. "He's in danger."