ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖

The screams would no longer come nor would words aside from the occasional whisper to aito your brother or when you were finally aloud out of the house and secretly met her best friend.She used to be the brightest child in the town. One who could make someone's day just by smiling but as the years went by that smile gradually became faker and faker and...... eventually disappeared all because of fucking quirks. No she wasn't quirkless and she knew that fact as she was painfully reminded every.single.day when her parents would cruelly beat that fact into her and how wrong it was that she had that specific quirk and how having that quirk made her a 'sinner' and a 'terrible person'.

If you asked her if she had a quirk she'd reply "no" even though many didn't believe it due to her bright crystalesque ocean blue eyes that seemed to see right into you soul and her white hair which used to be the darkest black around but they decided to push it to the back of their mind and deemed her as another 'useless' and 'worthless' child that was yet another stain on this earth. Over the years those same eyes became duller and duller and began to look like they were created out of the murkiest and most unpolished gem out there and she wouldn't disagree with you as she knew this fact herself as she made them that way by pushing aside her emotions in order to survive in hell also known as 'home'.

Oh how she wished she could get those bright crystalesque ocean blue eyes back. How you wished more than anything for people to just notice you. Notice how your ocean blue eyes became duller and duller as the days, months and years went by eventually reflecting as if your eyes were made out of the bottom of the deep deep blue sea where no one could venture in and return with their lives and truth be told if someone ever did go searching they eventually left barely even scratching the surface of the murky deep blue sea and leaving your eyes growing duller and your throat dryer every.single.time. Notice how your replies or interaction in conversations slowly grew less and less until eventually no one had heard you speak in years save for the few people she was forced to talk to or those same people who left after she had finally spoken to them truthfully and not covering up your pain with sweet, happy words but with painful, terrifyingly disturbing words.... and then.... they left, which honestly didn't surprise you although you didn't know why it still hurt all these years later maybe it was because there was still this tiny minute voice that would come out from the depths of your tainted soul telling you everything would be fine soon and of course you knew better than to listen as it was just feeding you false hope and false promises of happiness which ended fuelling your rage further and deepening the murky depths even more. Although after awhile that voice didn't turn up anymore and you realised how you had clung to that tiny shred of hope but after the last incident you knew better than to cling to it but you were suddenly missing that tiny voice that whispered sweet nothings into your ears after every beating, every missed meal, every torture session, every painful training session and now you realised you were truly alone and wondered 'will anyone ever be able to save me from this bottomless sea?' but she knew better than to hope for anything let alone happiness at this point if anything she only hoped that today's beating would take up enough time that they wouldn't turn their attention to Aito and just leave you two to your own devices and study all the work your parents had decided was useful for your future, which to you and Aito seemed completely non-existent and prayed that today's work wouldn't be another college test paper as those had begun getting boring but you'd dare not ask your parents for anything else as you weren't looking for another beating or to be an 'ungrateful sinner'.

Eventually you stopped screaming and just laid on the ground and soaked up every word they threw at you.your so-called caregivers or 'parents' as they were legally registered as although you and Aito refused to actually acknowledge them as your mother and father, to you two they were your tormentors, your sellers among many other horrible titles were an image of pain and suffering to you two and made you cower in fear even though all of you knew that you Katakana was much more powerful than all of them which was exactly why your beatings were the longest and were conducted even if you did nothing wrong unlike your brother who only got beat if he broke one of the rules but you were grateful for you loved your younger brother wholeheartedly and would often take his beatings on top of yours as well and it was the fact that you were so powerful that infuriated your parents to no end and ended up with you wearing a shock colour 24/7 and wearing quirk cancelling accessories almost all the time.Oh how you two wished someone would save you. Oh how you wished someone listened to the screams you used to make but no....

No one ever came to your rescue. Your screams for help, to be saved, to be comforted, for a hero to come were never heard and no hero ever came to your rescue and in the end you lost the last bit of hope you had in this world and no longer cared what happened to you.... you could drop dead from not eating for the past week tomorrow for all you care and you wouldn't change nor would it affect the world so you stopped screaming, you stopped crying, stopped smiling and stopped believing or trusting in things/people... you were numb to everything.....

And thats why when the incident happened you neither felt guilt, happiness or sadness at all and simply turned to your brother and said "finally its time"