Chapter 1

Waking up from a nightmare for Katakana is never something easy,it starts with her lying there unmoving completely exhausted for perhaps mere minutes after thrashing around in bed for the duration of whatever memory decided to haunt her that night and then shes up and forcing herself to move and search their abandoned apartment for any sign of the people who have caused her those spine chilling nightmares and once thats confirmed she's finally coming down from all the adrenaline of being absolutely terrified and crumbles to the floor and silently(at least she hopes) cries and sobs over everything she's been forced to go through and what their life now has come to and hopes that the other occupants can't hear her having an absolutely heartbreaking meltdown and then when the tears are finally gone and she's finally locked all her emotions away under padlock and key and she just sits there blank faced for what could be minutes or hours and the sun finally makes its appearence illuminating their little hideout(not home never home)and she finally stands and makes her way back to her room to get ready for the day.

Getting ready for the day with Katakana isn't full of much fanfare as she mostly wears a variation of the same outfits everyday since y'know the way their living doesn't really allow them much luxury but it's fine because they've lived through worse and are still here but she doesnt allow herself to think about the past or else the chains will loosen and she can't have that so she goes about her usual routine and grabs her thick-rimmed oval glasses which still thankfully cover her scars but also prevents the headache thats caused by taking off her blindfold for a long period of time because of her quirk and then carefully goes about her skin routine which isn't much except for applying some stolen scar cream and moisturiser followed by lip gloss and some black eyeliner, then she proceeded to look over the bandages that covered her body (both for aesthetic and insecurity reasons) which she should probably change but  let it be known that she is the queen of procrasinating her own self care.Then it's onto the easiest and her favourite part, the clotheswhich is mostly the same as any other days a black long-sleeved turtleneck accompanied with black slightly ripped mom jeanswith fishnets underneath , a black double grommet belt and finally a silver double necklace with a crystal and cross attached to each end.Finally the tedious part here and she can't be bothered to suppress a groan over this because she fucking loves her piercings cause they make her feel badass but its the most tedious process ever to put them back in and takes absolutely forever so now shes mentally preparing herself so she doesnt smash the already cracked mirror of their bathroom while putting them in. It takes over ten minutes but she's finally done and can finally come to the end of finishing her routine.After the hell of getting ready she begins making her coffee,grabs her tote bag from its place in the corner of their "living room"(they use that term very loosely),stuffs their  sketchbooks,art supplies and cigarettes in there and grabs their cup of coffee and phone and their finally off to one of the only places they feel totally safe.

-----TIME SKIP----

Now there is a very simple reason why this specific place called Takoba Municipal Beach Park is one of her safe spaces which is the fact that normally it is completely silent there and no chance of anyone interrupting her so it's just her,the waves and the sunrise keeping her company,the sunrise shimmers against the icy blue water and she lets out a deep exhale because she could get completely lost in those ripples of water, she likes this feeling,its feels the same as when hitoshi puts her under his quirk,she could stay like that forever but unfortunately she has a post due tonight and wants to capture the sheer beauty of what she gets to experience and she knows her friends and brother love her posts and she may keep her emotions under lock and key but she'd do anything to keep her friends and brother safe and happy so she grabs her sketchbook and art supplies, lights a cigarette just to feel her lungs moving and gets to work, first taking a photo and then just sitting there with her playlist on while she gets lets in the way her pen moves and the sound of pen and pencil gliding and scratching the paper and she feels content in that moment but alas as everything else in her life does it ends when she gets interrupted from her trance by a high-pitched and stuttering voice(yes she sensed his and anothers presence but they didn't detect as threats so she left them alone if only they could do the same)