➥ 𝟎𝟎 ━━ 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌 𝐎𝐅 𝐌𝐄

» [ like you do — joji ] «
0:28 ─〇───── 4:01
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

*𝓟𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝓣𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝓦𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆(𝐒): mature language & mention of manipulation/cheating

𝓣HE time read 10:28pm on a random autumn evening, in which arielle and clay laid together on a thick picnic blanket; arms wrapped around each other with their legs intertwined below them as they stared upwards to admire the evening jacksonville sky. arielle let out a sigh, permitting her lips to release translucent clouds of fog into the fragility of the earth and more. the late florida air that surrounded the girl and her boyfriend stood frigid, as the night nestled chilly enough to where arielle could see her hot breath condense into thin mist. however, despite the chilly night, the brunette was nothing but warm in clay's loving arms. on the contrary, clay stared up into the pitch black sky, acknowledging how arielle buried the back of her head into his chest as she laid amongst the thick fleece of his green hoodie.

the boy had always adored the late evening, constantly finding himself indulging in the methodical process in which the fall of blue haze from the day only descended to paint starry nights and constellations that people always made wishes upon. as the stars scattered amongst the black jacksonville sky, resembling spilled crystallized sugar over clean black marbled countertops, clay felt connected to the constellations that shone thousands of miles above.

in the midst of his late night thoughts, he heard is girlfriend let out a heavy sigh, so he pulled the curtain to her overthinking as he pulled her deeper to his chest. "ari, are you okay?" clay mumbled as he placed a gentle kiss onto the top of arielle's head. the dirty blonde boy's voice was murmured as his lips were buried in arielle's caramel hair, gently stroking her locks as toffee colored strands fell against his side.

the girl tilted her head up, brushing her cheek amongst clay's collarbone as she locked eyes with her boyfriend. out of all of the lovely traits that clay adored about arielle, her eyes definitely stood along the top ten traits of his made-up list. arielle's irises were like a pool of warmth, resembling everlasting hearth as if their embers were logs of wood that could burn with a fiery golden flame, yet forever remain perfectly cinder through the first amber rays of dawn. her chocolate beaded eyes were hues of the forest within autumnal leaves, similar to the soft soil of the summer after it rains — and clay melted in those irises everytime.

"of course," arielle disclosed as she happily stared back into her boyfriend's green gaze, immediately turning her lips upwards to emit a closed smile. "i'm just counting the stars."

clay let out a light chuckle, making arielle's shoulderblades feel the way his chest rose and fell to his small wheeze. "of course you are," the boy mused, tightening his grip around his girlfriend's waist as his sweater covered palms laid comfortably on top of her stomach. "is there anything else you're thinking about?"