math homework

The next few days go smoothly, I avoid conversation with Marcus and focus on schoolwork. The group and I have started to hang out more, and I have to admit, it's nice having girl friends.

Currently, I'm doing my Geormetry homework, listening to Lana del Rey and sipping on an iced coffee.

The problems start to zone me out, my head throbbing a bit.

"Ugh, I don't have time for this." I mutter to myself.

I open my phone and text Max.

me: are u doing math homework too? i'm struggling.

max: ya, i'm actually kinda good at this, you want help?

me: ugh yes thank u

max: i'm over in 10.

me: :))

I throw my clothes on the floor into my hamper and tidy my bed a bit. As soon as I'm done, I hear the front door open and someone step quickly up the stairs.

I watch my door swing open to Max, paper in hand. I smile at her warmly and feel a wash of relief.

                                   ~*~

The next day, I wake up to my alarm, making my warm comfort disappear and be replaced with a severe annoyance.

I pick up my phone and check the group chat.

My Hoes

abby: guys wtf are we wearing for ss??

max: pjs duh

me: wait what's ss

norah: sophomore sleepover

me: ohh

max: DUDE i forgot to tell u

abby: well it's tonight so

I throw my phone on my bed and sigh. I try not to think of Padma or Marcus while i pull on my black ripped skinny jeans and a grey tee.

I look into the mirror and line my eyes with black while scrunching up my wavy hair and throwing on my black zip up hoodie and lacing up my converse.

I decide to drive to school today, deciding offering Max a ride.

me: hey u want a ride to school? i'll drive.

max: ya i'll be out in a sec.
2 min ago

I turn on the radio, flipping to the local rock station and turning up the unfamiliar music.

I look out to see Max the with an apologetic look on her face. I roll down the window in confusion and see what she's apologizing for silently. behind her, low and behold is Marcus, offering me a salute and flicking Max's head.

I shrug and feel my pulse quicken, why the fuck is he here?

They get in the car, Max in the front and Marcus in the back.

"Hey." I hear a deep voice call to me as he closes my door.

I turn to max and greet her, sending him a glance and putting the car in drive.

"Did your mom say you can go to sophomore sleepover?" Max asks.

"Yeah, turns out she's hosting it with your mom, so i kinda have to."

"Dude trust me it's fun. There's bounce houses and a dj."

"Mhmm." I hum.

I look in my mirror to see Marcus brown eyes meeting mine. He smirks and I look away.

I sigh and turn up the music, pulling into our parking lot and rushing out of the car with Max's arm around mine. Max talks about sophomore sleepover the entire morning.

Once I get home, I head to my room and pick out a pair of pajamas to match everyone. I end up with a black tank top and red flannel pajama pants.