Chapter 1 [Melting Ice: Inside the Darkness]

A shrill cry was heard throughout the darkness of the night. A child no older than eight was sitting in a corner, hugging her knees close to her chest, sobbing as a man walked closer and closer. The man spoke in a snake-like way which made the child even more frightened, “Hush my child…”, he whispered as he approached the crying figure.

             As the man approached her, the child started shaking.  The man’s eyes widened as he witnessed chakra seeping out of the child’s body. The chakra then formed into spears as the child burst into tears.

                “Go away! I’m a monster!”

            The child shouted as the dark chakra charged at the man, barely dodging the attack. He landed on the ground crouching. ‘Such power…’ Recovering from his surprised state, he stood up, again approaching the child carefully, not wanting to make the same mistake as before. “I believe you aren’t… You only need to control that incredible power you hold. And I, Orochimaru, can help you with that…”

            Hearing this, the child grew more furious and charged at the man, “You are only saying that because you want to kill me! Use me as a freaking tool! You are like the others! You also think that I’m a monster, don’t you?!” The child, giving all she got, attacked the man. “I killed my entire clan because of this horrible power!! Don’t even think that I can’t do the same to you!”

            Orochimaru dodged the child with slight difficulty, avoiding every attack that was thrown on him. "I was merely stating an offer... I will gladly train you to contol that power of yours and in exchange, you will be my apprentice... Or would you rather decline and be treated like a "monster" as you speak of it...?"

            After a while, the child slowed her movements and glared at the man before him, eyes blazing red, "I... I accept your offer-" Orochimaru smirked at her reply "But- I will be only serving you for only five years and I will be on my own." Orochimaru thought for a moment and replied, "Fine then... What is your name child...?"

                "Mei... Matsuzuki Mei..."

                "Well then Mei... You will now address me as Orochimaru-sama... Come now, your training begins..." he said as he walked away, Mei following behind.

                "Hai... Orochimaru-sama..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        There you have it! The first chapter of Melting Ice!

        Please tell me what you think of it! I want to read critisms to improve my writing! :)

        ~Okina