026

April 3rd, 1990
TACOMA WASHINGTON
-

I hadn't heard a word from Dave since I yelled at him. It's been almost a month that I've been technically living with Courtney and Kurt. I never went to shows or concerts though. I never faced Dave. I avoided him at all costs knowing he'd be with his new girlfriend. Leaving 1 month pregnant me alone. He still didn't know. I didn't tell him, and didn't know if I ever would tell him. Kurt knew I still loved him, and even then he wouldn't tell me if Dave was with Dana or not. He knew I was depressed, and if anything slipped about Dave that it'd just make my metal state worse.

"God, you scared me." Kurt said finding me in the living room with a book. He'd been keeping a close watch of me since the end of March. He was this ridiculous idea that I wasn't okay being alone. I brought my cigarette to my lips and took a drag.

"Was Dave with her?" I asked once again.

"You know I'm not going to tell you. We've been over this." Kurt sighed crossing his legs comfortably. I rolled my eyes at his typical response and continued reading. I've been to one ultrasound since I found out I was pregnant, and it didn't go so well. I was told that I had to be very careful about what I ate and drank. Especially careful. Whatever that meant. And in a couple minutes I'd be going again for a different one. Even the doctors said there was a chance I'd loose the baby, or the baby would be born in critical condition.

I hated going in for ultrasounds it always shook me up. Always. There's always bad news, and the good news never compares.

"Alright Ms. Bailey. Just relax while I check around the stomach tissue. You'll see it appear on the screen in front of you." I deeply inhaled and followed the nurses instructions as she rubbed the white stick around my very small bump. She frowned a bit still searching around, and suddenly her eyes widened. Her mouth opened slightly but she closed it. In a matter of seconds she pressed the red button next to my bed. I felt sick to my stomach wondering what was so wrong.

"Get Dr. Klein in here now!" She shouted out the door. Panic was on her face and clutched Courtney's hand out of fear. Her face was white.

"Call Dave, Kurt! Call him." Courtney ordered, Kurt did just that with the wall phone. I began sobbing at the panic the the room. I had no idea what was going on. It all was happening so quickly. Many doctors rushed in and began looking through papers and different things all of them with worry. My face was pale and colorless.

-
Dave's POV:

I walked over to the blaring phone and put it to my ear watching Dana sitting on the couch.

"Hello?"

"Dave you have to get to the hospital quick. It's Danielle, she's- she's in trouble. I don't really know....." Kurt rambled on the phone. My heart sunk to my stomach.

"What's wrong?" I asked with my voice cracking a bit.

"She's- just get here!" Kurt yelled. Without a second more of thinking I was on my way out the door. I was panicking. What was wrong with Dani? Was she okay?

-
Third persons POV:

Dave rushed into the hospital seeing Krist, Shelli, Kurt, and Courtney sitting in the waiting room. All of them looking pale. Dave couldn't help but feel sick, what happened?

An I.V was put into Danielles arm making her fall into a sleep. The doctors did everything they could but the baby inside Danielles stomach wasn't showing any movement whatsoever. Dave ran straight into the doctor in the heat of his panic. Kurt rushed by his side as the doctor frowned at both of them.

"What's wrong with Danielle?" Dave panicked looking into the room seeing her sleeping on the bed with doctors circled around her. Kurt pulled his shoulder to look him in the eyes.

"Dave, Danielle was pregnant...." his words hit Dave like a bus. His eyes widened and his hands shook. Tears were welling in his eyes.

"I'm sorry. It seems Danielle has had a miscarriage. There wasn't anything we could do."

Dave stumbled back a bit not wanting to believe a word out of the doctors mouth. How could Danielle not tell him? He would've been with her every second, and now his child wasn't going to be born? How was he supposed to feel? He couldn't feel anything, he was numb. He couldn't describe his gut wrenching feeling, as he felt like a little boy crying at the hospital. Kurt sadly hugged Dave as he cried. Dave hadn't cried like this in awhile. But, he couldn't help it.

The whole room felt lifeless, and hopeless. Dave had lost his child, without even knowing about it. How could you ever imagine that?