Preface

Content Warning: violence, sexual harassment/assault

(Please take into account your mental health and known triggers. If certain content may be triggering for you, it is alright to pass it by, and I'd encourage you to do so. Take care of yourself first and foremost.)

---

This book is a first draft.

It is nowhere near perfect.

There will be:

Mistakes
&
Plot holes
&
Character/World/Timeline discrepancies
&
Countless other first draft slip ups
and random additions
and not-quite-good-enough explanations

---

This book is NOT a romance novel.

The actions and behaviors portrayed in this story are not acceptable in ANY circumstance. They should not be romanticized or considered justifiable ever. Absolutely nothing gives a person any excuse to harm another.

That is to say, this is a story. This is fiction. We need to make sure we remember and are aware that in real life, out here in the physical world, you know that place we see when we look up from the book, no kind of abuse (whether physical, sexual, emotional, or psychological) is tolerable in any way whatsoever. When we delve into fiction, though, many of us use it as an escape from reality and as a way to feel not so alone in our experiences and emotions. Reading and enjoying this story does not mean you condone any of the actions of these characters, as you shouldn't. Fiction is a complicated being that serves all sorts of purposes and means all sorts of things.

For me, it is an outlet, a way to feel valid by expressing pieces of myself to the extreme.

For you, whatever it is, remember to accept yourself just as you are, take care of yourself, and get as much enjoyment out of this life as you possibly can.

And never forget.

You deserve to feel safe.

---

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
©2020 Shards0fGlass
Lilli Knight

Completed: December 2021

This story story belongs exclusively to me and only me. It is not to be replicated, stolen, or reproduced in any way shape or form. It is not to be taken by any person and used in any way. Any person found infringing the laws of copyright will be subjected to the repercussion fit by law.