04 : do a crime

Unlike the other days, they do not go to the record shop rather they go to a street shop and buy some hotdogs and have it while sitting on a bench at the old basketball ground near the shop. Jungkook doesn't talk much and unusually Taehyung doesn't too.

The older boy keeps his eyes closed while taking in the cold breeze. He loved winter, the weather always bringing chills concealing the burning memories. They both don't talk but as the sun dips, the duo automatically gets up and slowly walks out of the ground.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Jungkook says, his voice raspy. Taehyung lets out a hum and meets the other's eyes. The deep black eyes never fail to entrance him and he feels warmth spread across his chest. At this point, Taehyung knew this wasn't normal —physically feeling Jungkook's emotions through warmths and chills bursting inside his body.

But oddly, it comforts him. Knowing Jungkook feels warm in his company —comforts him. No matter how cold and mysterious Jungkook seems, he feels. He has emotions. And Taehyung's pleased to be at the receiving end of Jungkook's tenderness.

Taehyung smiles softly at Jungkook before taking hesitant steps. He can hear his heart in his ear thumping as he lifts his shoulders slightly just to test the waters. He sees Jungkook freezing, but not moving or doing anything to stop him. He smiles again as he wraps his arms around the latter's shoulders with a feather touch and leans himself on his slightly bigger frame. He feels the warm feeling erupts within him, as he hugs Jungkook. The younger doesn't move but neither does he push away Taehyung.

The boy pressed against him sighs. It has been years since he was hugged by someone else other than the side hugs by his grandfather as a greeting.

And oh boy, it feels so warm.

Even Taehyung feels so emotionally and physically homely. Sure Jimin hugged him so many times but the feeling of hugs hasn't felt this cozy since .... since his mother.

Jeon Jungkook's embrace is warm.

It takes Jungkook a few moments to process what just happened, but it was a few minutes in when Taehyung pulled back, deciding to stop since he already entered the closed off boy's personal bubble.

"Thank you Jungkook, really." Taehyung meant it. The day might have turned into him crying into his pillow but instead he enjoyed the company of the other. Their brief outing took his mind off several things it might have wandered to. He's truly grateful to Jungkook, even if he made them skip school.

The younger doesn't answer back but his rosy lips curve up a little. Taehyung observes how he bit back a smile and fiddled slightly with the strap of his black bag hanging loosely on his left shoulder. At these moments, when Jungkook shows some emotion his heart fills with affection for the other. His heart, body and soul was already controlled by Jungkook. It was time he surrendered to this feeling.

Taehyung that night doesn't slip into the darkness in his slumber but rather into a vivid dream with the younger beside him.  

When Taehyung thought he finally felt at peace when Jungkook and him were making progress he never expected to see a red eyed black clad boy almost plunging at the bully of their school in the middle of the soccer ground.

Taehyung runs with all the energy he can collect, towards the small mob of students. The sole of his white shoes getting muddy against the freshly water sprinkled earth. The group of students surrounded the two boys, most of them laughing or some even encouraging Jungkook to make a move and hit the other boy laying down on the ground.