Chapter 24

The alarm clock rings and Katie turns it off.

"Katie, what time is it?" Shawzy asks with sleepness in his voice.

"Three in the morning. Come on, the game is going to start." Katie says, pulling him out of bed but he won't move.

"What game would be at three in the morning?"

"The men's hockey for the gold medal. It's Canada versus Sweden."

"Do I have to get out of bed?"

"No, unless you want to support your country/teammates."

"Who from the Hawks are even playing?"

"For Canada: Duncs, Tazer and Sharpie and for Sweden: Hammer (Hjalmarsson), Kruger and Oduya. Canada can go two for two in gold medals for hockey."

"Wait, is that why you were yelling a couple night ago about Hannah and Amy?"

"Yep, now come on."

"I'll be there in a few."

She sighs but goes downstairs and into the living from. She sits in the couch and turns on the game. Shawzy fell back asleep and was woken up a couple hours later by Kaite screaming. He runs out of the bedroom and into the living room.

"What's wrong?" he asks.

"Canada won gold!" she says.

"That's why you screamed?"

"Yeah" she says, then she yawns. He walks over to her and carries her to her room.

"Like I've said before, I don't like to be carried." she says to him.

"Like I've said before, I don't care. I like carrying you." he says as he gets to the top of the stairs. He brings her into her room and placed her in bed. He tucks her in and goes back downstairs.

******

"Duncs!" Katie yells and runs to the door. Duncs just got home from the Olympics.