Chapter 25

"So your coming to the game tomorrow?" Shawzy asks.

"Yep, I won't miss you guys beating Crosby and his Penguin boys. Inside or outside game." Katie says.

It was the day before the Stadium Series game at Soldier Field. They were sitting on the bench in the ice rink.

******

"Let's go Hawks!" Katie kept yelling from her seat as the game was in the final seconds of third period. The horn sounds and the Hawks win 5-1.

After the crowd leaves, she starts to make her way down to the boys. She sees Duncs standing there, waiting for her. She walks over to him.

"Hey" she says, giving him a hug. His hair was wet.

"Hey Katie." he says, hugging her back. They walk to his car and get in. "You hungry?" he asks.

"Kind of." she replies.

He starts the car up and heads over to Gioco. He parks and they go in. They sit down and order.

"So, how have things been going the last two-ish weeks?" Duncs asks. This is the first time in a while they have talk in person in a conversation type of way.

Since Duncs had been in the Olympics for two weeks. Then came back before heading out on the road for a game.

"Good, you? Other than winning gold." Katie asks, taking a drink of water.

"Good, tiring. So what's going on between you and Shawzy?"

"Nothing much, why?"

"Just wondering."

"He promise me he would help me when my baby comes."

"Ah"

The food comes and they continue to talk while they're eating.