A Promise [Part 1]

Are people still reading this...?

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

It has been another week again.

But still no Yashiro.

"Number 7, we looked all over the school." Yako explained.

"I looked everywhere too." Tsuchigomori adds.

"Honorable Number 7, maybe the rumor was fa-"

"It wasn't fake!"

Hanako cuts off Akane by yelling.

"Yashiro is out there somewhere!" Hanako yells, gripping harder on his knife.

"If you won't help me, then fine!"

"I'll look for Yashiro myself." Hanako storms out the meeting room, leaving a crossed arm Akane, a frustrated Tsuchigomori, a feeling bad Yako, A drawing Shijima, and the others feeling bad for Hanako.

"I'll catch up to him..." Tsuchigomori stands up, then goes after Hanako.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Little by little, apparitions are able to see me now.

Often, I help them finish their unfinished business, others I befriend, and some I avoid due to aggressive-ness.

"Nene-chan, aren't you happy some apparitions are being able to see you know?" Hana asks, confused as to why I was so gloomy about it.

I just simply turn my head away.

"Nene-chan~ Atleast give me a hint as to why!" Hana pleads, as she sits beside me.

"Unfinished business." I reply coldly.

Hana stops to think for a second.

Then clings onto me when she found out an answer.

"Is it because you're tired of helping other apparitions?" Hana asks me, scanning my face for any signs of approval for her answer.

"Another hint: Hanako-kun sees me." I reply again, hoping I made it easier so she stops pestering me.

She stops to think again.

"Honorable 7 will disappear because his unfinished business was to see you?" Hana replies again.

I got frustrated, but decided to hide it.

"N-No!" I lightly push Hana-chan away.

"Then..."

Hana's thinking face then turned into a realization face.

"So... Nene-chan's unfinished business is... Seeing Honorable Number 7 again...?" Hana asked.

Please... Tell me that's not true!
Was written all over her face.

She wanted me to say it was another wrong answer.

But...

"Yes... Hana-chan. That is a correct answer..." I reply with a cracked voice.

But before I could fall into tears, Hana-chan went before me.

"*Hic*...I-I.... *hic* I don't w-want Nene-chan to l-leave... *hic*" Hana cries, as she buried her face onto my arm.

I patted her to soothe her, but she only cried even harder.

"That is why I am hiding from Hanako-kun, Hana-chan. I don't wanna disappear either..." I hug her.

"And I don't want Hanako-kun to get depressed because I disappeared." I start tearing up, but hold the tears back.

"So, Hana-chan," I start.

"Will you help me stay hidden a little longer?" I ask with a pleading face.

Hana agrees.

"O-Okay, Nene-chan. Just a little longer though."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Hanako was roaming the school again.

The atmosphere was darkened due to the news of Yashiro's suicide event.

But the students managed to hold on and keep studying.

That was when Hanako saw dark long hair disappear from the corner of his eye.

"Wha..." Hanako stared at the corner.

He knew it was Hana, so he followed the figure.

When he got closer enough, he tapped her on the shoulder

"Kyaa!! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to stalk her! She just had such pretty earings and necklace!" Hana defends herself, when a surprise waited for her when she opened her eyes.

"H-Honorable Number 7...!?" Hana cries is disbelief, then gets up and puts on her best battle stance.

"You're not stopping me from getting those earrings!" Hana cries.

Hanako just scoffs.

"I knew it had to be you." Hanako rolls his eyes

"Anyways, I didn't follow you to stop you from getting those earrings. I have a question." Hanako admits.

Hana lowered her guard down.

"Have you seen Yashiro?" Hanako asks.

Hana's mind told her to lie, because she did make a promise to Yashiro after all. And most importantly, Hana was not going to disappoint her first best friend.

"N-No... I'm sorry..." Hana looks down.

Hanako sighs a deep sigh.

"Okay..." Hanako continues his search for Yashiro.

'I'm sorry, Honorable Number 7, but I made a promise to her. I promised I would help her stay hidden a little longer, and not tell you about her unfinished business or where you could find her.'

'I feel bad, but...'

'A promise is a promise.'

'And I do not tend to break it.'

'Honorable Number 7, just know that Nene-chan loves you so much that she'll rather get hurt than you getting hurt.'

'I'm sorry.'

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

A shorter chapter cuz I wanna make this fanfic longer, sorry 😅