Chapter 1 : New school, new life

*Beep beep beep*

"Ugh." I groaned. It's monday, the first day of a long school year. A long day ahead off me. First day at my new school. This was going to be fun. Note my sarcasm? I always get bullied just because, well, I don't fight back, I don't have an attitude and I just take what comes in my way. But this year I'll make some friends, this year I'll show people what I'm really made off.

I hopped in my bathroom, took a quick shower, brushed my teeth and combed my hair. I was just about to put my lenses in, when my dog barged in and made me drop one off them. SHIT Where is it? I need to find it. I need to! "Lauren sweety, time to go." No no no no no, ugh. Oh well nerd glasses or lenses, I still have my new and improved attitude, right?. I looked into the mirror. Sighing, I left my room. I still looked my nerdy little self and I was okay with that. Only, the other people weren't exactly happy with me or my looks. Mariah tells me that they feel threatened by my beauty. Yeah right, I'm no beauty.

"Honey ready for your new school?" I sighed. "I guess, I don't really have a choice do I now." She parked the car infront off the huge building that was London Arts. "Baby, you'll do just fine. Make some friends, have some fun. Everything will be alright." Alright now that we've had that peptalk, let's prepare for a long day full off torture. I know what you're thinking: How can you know they'll torture you? They could be nice? Wrong. I know that people never like me, only when they need something. Then I'm suddenly their bestfriend and once I've done it for them, I'm back to nothing. "Thanks Mariah, I'll see you later." I said as I gave her a kiss on the cheek. I took a big breath and stepped out off the car, walking towards the building.

Tons off teenagers were sitting on the stairs, jamming on their guitar, catching up on what they missed or just hanging around with their friends. I couldn't help but notice somewhere around the back, in the corner, there was a group off girls. They looked very intimidating, I wonder if they were the next bullies off mine or are there other bitches around here? You know the one's that look like the worng version off barbie. I snapped out off my thoughts and walked inside towards the information desk. A nice lady around 40 was sitting at the desk, typing away on her computer. I cleared my throat and she looked up.

"Hello dear, can I help you?" She asked sweetly. "Uhm well yes, I am Lauren, Lauren Mc Shawnfield?" She typed a few things into her computer. "Ah right, Miss Shawnfield, well here's your class schedule." I took the schedule and looked at it. First two lessons was ... writing. I could handle that. After that came 1 hour off dancing and then I had a free period. The afternoon was filled with gym and another free period. The bell rang and I saw everyone hurrying to their first class. I gulped, I had no idea where I was going. "Listen Hun, I'll take you to Mister Anderson's class. You look lost already." She said winking and gestured to follow her. We walked into a big classroom. Teens were shattered all over the place. A few off the girls I spotted earlier were in this class, then you had these loud guys in the back and a lonely girl near the front. A man around his 30's walked in and the nice lady from the desk walked over to talk to him. He nodded and looked in my direction. After that the lady left and he walked up to me.

"You must be Lauren, welcome! You can sit near Tanisha, she's in the second row." I looked over in her direction. It was the lonely girl who sat by herself. I nodded and walked over to her. "Hi" she chirped happily. "You new here?" I nodded shyly, damnit, where's the attitude I thought I had. Maybe I just needed to get used to the people before I do anything. "I'm Tanisha, what's your name?" I felt more comfortable talking to her so I loosened up a bit. "I'm Lauren, how come you sit here by yourself? You seem like a nice girl." She smiled. "My friends have a diffrent schedule so I'll only see them when I have a free period. Since your new here, maybe I should show you around a bit? This is my second year at London Arts." I nodded happily, a little help could never hurt.