26

H E A V E N | 천국

H E A V E N | 천국

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Jungkook grasped Areum's arm while taking care of the writing board on the other hand. He yanked her all along the way till he reached his destination. Pausing before the new unforeseen door, Jungkook let go of Areum. His hand clasped the doorknob to push it in.

The bright inner aura blurred their visions. Paintings and portraits savoured the walls. White curtains were clamped on either side of the windows, letting sunlight brace up the entire corner. A portrait stand stood in the middle of the room with loads of paintbrushes, palettes, pencils, erasers, sharpeners, scales, empty canvasses, and a lot more articles surrounding it. There was a whole shelf loaded with paints and tools. Colours scratches and droplets embellished the wooden floor making it represent a mosaic flooring if not looked at so closely. Jungkook was definitely not the neatest kid in the world so it was quite expected to some extend. His artworks were radially picture perfect.

Yet what was the most intriguing fact was that among the various other painted canvasses, there was a couple of portraits of a girl, the girl who had never been to this place before, the one whose heart was caressed by his brushes.

Areum ambled to a wooden easel stand, her orbs vibrantly received the sourceless glow of the portrait. It was a face close up view of her or maybe someone who looked exactly like her. Her edges parted by a centimetre as she studied the two portraits featuring her personality.

A little later, one dry crushing noise reverberated in the room. Areum averted to watch Jungkook settled on the ground with a large sheet and tons of colours. She smiled at how innocently he drew lines on the white surface with this tongue wetting his lips.

How do I tell you how much you are important to me? Your innocence, your talks, your guidance, I need them so bad. Your presence gifts me an unexplainable turmoil that should remain under custody in my core. Areum's thoughts pleased her for another leer when she tottered to him.

She squatted down beside him. He hinged his spinal cord in front to run the outlines, his eyes remained stuck to the sheet. Areum gave a light pat on his shoulder. "Why did you waste your time and colours for painting me?"

"It isn't wastage of time and colours when it comes to painting the reason for you to live," Jungkook answered casually, without a single shift of his eyesight.

Areum's eyes became watery as she thought, "You added colours to my faded life Jungkook. I have no right to throw you away now. That won't be considered goodwill. You've entangled yourself with the strings of my puppet which you can only escape when you cut them down by yourself." Tears jerked in her sockets that filled to the brim. The first droplet meandered her cheeks and dropped on her flat palm. Jungkook gaped at her visage, her pink cheeks, her weeping orbs, her trembling edges.

He dropped the pencil and grazed in her direction. His fingers advanced to the wet marks to swipe them dry.

"Why do you drool your precious tears? Don't you know that my heart aches to see you cry?" he uttered softly, tucking her hair strands behind her ears.

Areum snivelled in advance to crashing onto his chest. She crumbled his shirt's back as the warm salty liquid flowing down her conjunctiva left wet marks on his torso. Jungkook brushed her hair with his fingers while cooing, "Shh, I'm always there for you. Don't cry if you don't want me to paint your face in black."

Areum's senses forced her lips to frame a smile and she lightly punched his shoulder. Jungkook chuckled, "There you're smiling right? I know you are." Areum pushed her face in all the more, the more he teased him.

After a few minutes of listening to the sound of snivels and snuffles, Jungkook held her up straight. He looked closely into her eyes as she baffled up to look away while wiping her drenched thick eyelashes.

"Now say, why did you start this mess all of a sudden?"Jungkook asked, his arms and legs stretched for a warm-up.

Areum gulped thickly, "Jungkook I don't know why but it feels so strange. You've kind of become one of the components of my blood which is of more importance than oxygen. It seems like if I lose you, I'm gonna lose myself as well."

"Why will you lose me? What have I done for you to lose me?" Jungkook spoke like a teacher who was scolding a toddler at the moment.

Areum's lids half blinked a few times, "I don't know either yet I just can't be sure enough. I'm not saying that you'll deceive me but can not just be defined always."

"Well listen, I'm not gonna abandon you. Never across my heart," Jungkook said.

"Promise?" Areum spoke, her pinky slowly popping up from her side.

Jungkook slid his hand to the back of her neck and pulled her close to himself. His warm breaths brushed her flawless skin that made her lids shut down her visions. His lips gradually melted into hers. The contact of her soft edges sent an unusual sensation of pleasure, an untold racing of the hearts.

A few moments later, there was a knock on the door. It barged in introducing Jungkook's mom at the entrance. She guided into the room and placed two glasses of soft drinks on a server.

"It's too hot today so I brought you these drinks. Enjoy!" she declared merrily.

Jungkook gave a nod, "We'll do eomma. Thanks!"

Mrs Jeon flashed a beam at the two before sauntering outside again.

Jungkook replaced his palm over Areum's knuckles and she extended her edges, her eyes still lingered over his handsome features.

***

The college bell rang, informing the students to stroll inside their classes. Students hurried to their respective directions one by one. The ringing waves floated to Jungkook's ears who stood in front of the principal's desk in the office room.

The weary old limbs of the old man sitting on the other side of the glass surfacing table, twitched his specs as he quietly read the portrait of the newly constructed logo. His orbs shot from corner to corner and he nodded his skull constantly. Ultimately, after a long period of guiltless observance, he stroke his senses at the young lady.

"Mmm this is good but-" he smacked, his eyes located Jungkook's rate of hypertension.

"But?" Jungkook repeated, gulping the lump forming in the throat.

"But I'm impressed how you tackled it so well. It's a masterpiece Mr Young generation!" The principal threw a thumbs up.

Jungkook heaved a snigger and bowed down till his hips. "Thank you, sir. Thank you so much."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

I don't know why I'm soft now. See ya guys soon!! :') Don't forget to vote, comment and share. Thank you!!! Ly