☆ chapter six ☆

"What in Merlin's name was that??" Neville comes storming up to Soleil, a serious look on his face. "Why did you punch the bloke?" He asked, his face becoming more worried than angry.

"He was talking bad about you! I wasn't going to just sit there and let him do that!" Soleil justifies. She goes back over to her book, shrugging it off as if nothing happened. Neville looks dumbfounded.

"Soleil, that doesn't give you the right to punch someone, especially not over me." He says, kneeling down next to her. She keeps her eyes on her book, pretending to read. "It was worth it, you're my friend and I stand up for my friends. Plus, the look on his face was priceless." She chuckles to herself. Neville rolls his eyes, but can't help the smile creeping to his lips.

He sits down next to her, examining her muggle book. "Who's Romeo and Juliet?" Soleil drops her book in her lap in disbelief. "You've never heard of Shakespeare? He's an original English author! He practically invented romance!" Soleil's face lit up with excitement.

Neville just cocks his head in bewilderment, but there is slight amusement in his eyes as he watches Soleil rattle on about this Shakespeare fellow.

"He wrote all the classics! Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet, Macbeth..." She looks over at Neville waiting for some kind of reaction but is let down when she sees the look of confusion on his face.

She stands up promptly, taking Neville by the arm. She led him out of the courtyard and into the castle. "Oh god, what have I provoked..." Neville mumbles jokingly under his breath as he's being pulled towards the library by Soleil.

ฅʕ•̫͡•ʔฅ

"...So, they're both dead now, right?" Neville asks Soleil. They had been sitting in the library for hours now, reading through some of Shakespeare's greatest works. Currently, they were finishing off Romeo and Juliet. Soleil just chuckles and shakes her head. "That's what you're supposed to think. Do you want me to tell you, or do you want to read it to find out?" She asks, sitting at the edge of her seat.

Neville sighs and lays his head back on the top of the love seat they had been sitting in. "You're a better storyteller than the voice in my head. Read to me, please."

Even all the books surrounding their little reading area could not hide the blush arising to Soleil's cheeks. She shyly nods and begins to read to him. " 'What's here? A cup closed in my true love's hands? Poison, I see, hath been his timeless end...' " She glances over at Neville, to make sure he was still listening. Without looking at her, he nods and she continues reading.

" 'I will kiss thy lips. Haply some poison yet doth hang on them. To make me die with a restorative.' Juliet kisses Romeo. 'Thy lips are warm!' "

"That would be awful. Having to find your one true love dead, all because of you. I mean, he killed himself because he thought Juliet was dead, right?" His close eyes flutter open to look at Soleil. She simply nods. He closes his eyes again, saying, "So in the end, it's her fault he's dead...? I could never live with that guilt."

Soleil chuckles and mumbles, "Neither could she..." She continues reading.

" 'I'll be brief. O, happy dagger, this is thy sheath. There, rust, and let me die.' She takes Romeo's dagger, stabs herself, and dies."

Neville's eyes unseal immediately and he sits up. "She did what?? So, because Romeo is dead, she kills herself? Please tell me that's the end, I don't think I can take much more.." He rubs his forehead. Soleil laughs, "Yes, that's the end of the story of two star-crossed lovers." She smiles softly, looking endearingly down at the book.

Neville notices this, and asks, "What's your fascination with this book? No offense, I mean, it's an amazing play, it's just...you seem to be really attached to this one specifically...Is there a reason?"

She smiles and shakes her head. "It was just...this play, my father gave me this copy..." she smiles sadly as she runs her fingers over the spine, avoiding eye contact. She feels tears building up in her eyes, but tries to contain herself. She hated crying in public. Especially in front of Neville.

He tenses up and mentally kicks himself for asking such a personal question. "Soleil, I'm s-so sorry, I didn't know. If I had, I wouldn't have asked. I'm so sorry..." He keeps rambling on before Soleil stops him by resting her hand on his shoulder.

"It's okay, Neville, I know you didn't mean any harm by it. I'm okay without him, I have my mum. It just sucks sometimes, you know...?" she sighs.

Neville knew about loss. He never talks about it, but there's a reason he lives with his Grandmother. His parents had been killed by Deatheaters. However, Neville isn't aware of the fact that both his parents and Soleil's father were killed by the same Deatheater, Bellatrix Lestrange.

Even thinking about her name brought Soleil so much rage. She was so thankful she still had her mother left; She could never imagine losing both of her parents as Neville had. In her eyes, he was braver than the famous Boy Who Lived.

She looks over at Neville, stopping her thoughts, only to realize Neville looks like he is thinking just as much. She smiles at their similarity. She scoots closer to him and rests her head on his shoulder and sighs.

"It just really sucks." She mutters. He rests his chin on top of her head gently.

"Yeah, it really does." He replies.

Word Count: 968

Thank you so much for 50+ reads!! <3 <3