Chapter 18

Parked behind Le Bain

Chris and Sean sit in the front seats while me and Erica  in the back. Chris turns to face us," just  get that white to come to the back." Erica finishes  her makeup," Chris I've been doing this for years now. I know how to get a man to leave the club with me." She opens the door then gets out. Sean and me start laughing as Chris is stunned by her response. I get out of the car following Erica to the back door. A grey suv pulls up as we bang on the door. Who is that? The door open and we walk through. The owner close the door behind us," he's on rooftop."
 " Thanks," I go in my clutch pull out a stack of money and hand it it him. We walk out to the dance to some off beat music that makes my head hurt. We walk up the stairs to the roof," this is not a vibe." 

I nod my head agreeing with her. We get to the last couple of steps," look at this goofball." I watch as he spray champagne all over the girls. I shake my head," you ready?" 
" Yeah," Erica walk up the couple of stairs strutting to Matthew's table. I look around the rooftop seeing Kyrie at the bar. Damn he's fine, I bite my lip looking at him. He moves away from the bar heading to Matthew. I walk across the roof grabbing his arm. He looks back at me but I pull him to the edge of the roof. He looks me up and down,"What you doing here?" He moves  closer to me," the same as you." I stare at Matthew's table," how you want to do this?We can walk over and grab him or wait until he gets wasted."

 He wants to involve me, I smile," we can wait until he thinks he's taking Erica home and put him one of the suvs in the back." Kyrie looks back at the table," that's Erica?"
 " Yeah she usually is my decoy to get the men. They like the light skin and thin girl." He leans closer to her," well I'm here to tell you that I'm digging the brown skin girls with the extra curves. You know they drive a man crazy," he licks his lips staring into my  eyes. 
" Is that right," I  raise my  eyebrow. 
" Yeah, since we didn't finish our night the other day. How about we drink and talk?" I  poke her lips out thinking. We won't interrupt since the boys are waiting in the car," we can." He grabs my hand pulling me to the bar," what you want to drink?"
 " Long island," he leans over the bar, grabbing the bartender's attention. 

" Can I get a long island and a henny." He rubs his  thumb on the back of my hands, sending warmth up my arm. 
" What have you been up to since the last time I saw you?" I  shrug," the same ole stuff. Work and go over my grandparents house." He nods his  head grabbing the drinks," guess I'll be the highlight of your week." 
" Yeah," I  chuckle. He  pulls me to a couch and table across from Matthew's. Erica laughs at whatever has been said while she keeps her hand on chest. 
" She has him hooked already," I sit down watching as he grabs and kisses her hands. 
" Yeah Erica knows how to get a man's attention."

I take a sip of my drink," I guess a pretty face can get you anywhere in life." He turns to me and smile," what you want pretty lady." I laugh at his corny line," what?" 
" You're so corny." His face twist up," girl I'm far from that. I'm the most authentic man you will ever know." 
" That's a big word," I tease.
 " Don't let the lifestyle fool you. I'm more than street smart." 
" Really," I wrap my lips around the straw. 
" Yeah," he looks me in the eyes. I lean back on the couch," I'll be the judge of that." He moves closer to me," you going to be the only one." We stare at each other," there you." Travis stands in front of us.
 " Wassup man," Kyrie says. Travis look between us," Dominique you remember my boy from the party Travis?"
 " Yes, hey," I smile. 
" Hey Dominique. Rie I thought we are here on business." 
" We are and she's helping."
 " What's the plan?" 
" She's right there," Kyrie points at Erica. He looks at the table," it seems like yall got  this under control. I'll be over with the snow bunnies." He walks over to the bar," he's a fool. No wonder you had to come up with so many different plans." Kyrie just laughs watching Travis talk to the girl. 
" So Dominique, when can I take you out on an official date," he looks at me. I put my finger on my chin thinking," how about next friday?"
 " That's too far away," he pouts. I chuckle," give me your phone."