PROLOGUE: PART I

Ten years ago: September 19th - 2:37am

A loud crashing sound hit Adelina's eardrums jolting her awake in her full sized bed.

The soft lavender fuzzy blanket gave her a sense of security and safety as she wrapped herself up in it to protect her from whatever danger was apparently outside of her room.

The smell of the laundry detergent she used to wash the sheets and blanket filled her nostrils, along with the scent of her acne cream she had put on before going to bed.

She could hear faint masculine voices, assuming they were coming from downstairs.

Too bad dad wasn't here to keep her safe, mom too.

Tears pricked her eyes as she remembered how the cops showed up to the doorstep last year to tell her that she and her sister were now orphans.

Thank god Melody was old enough to take care of the both of them herself.

She couldn't even imagine how living in an orphanage would be like, possibly getting separated from her sister.

Her thoughts were interrupted when the doorknob wiggled around as someone was turning it to open the door.

She quickly threw herself underneath the warm and fuzzy material, believing that no one would be able to see her.

Even as she thought it, she knew that hiding under a blanket didn't guarantee her safety.

She's fifteen years old now, she thought, she should've hid in the closet.

"Lina!"

The breath she didn't know she was holding escaped from between her lips as she slowly slid up from underneath her blankets to see her twenty year old sister Melody quickly but quietly entering the room.

"I don't know who's here but I'm sure they broke into the house. You need to hide in the closet"

"What about you? What are you going to do?"

Her heart pounded in her chest as they both stopped breathing for a second as they realized heavy footsteps were coming up the stairs.

"Come on. We're both hiding in the closet. My idea wasn't very smart anyways"

Melody made it into the closet first and reached out for her younger teenage sister.

She's being so brave, Melody thought, as she watched her baby sister, her only sister, carefully climb out of the bed.

Just as Adelina started to head into the closet, the door slammed open and her high pitched scream filled Melody's eardrums.

She was frozen in fear as she watched the men grab at her younger sister, putting a bag over her head and tying her hands.

Oh my god, Melody thought, why aren't I moving?

Adelina kicked for her life even though she knew she wouldn't be able to get away now that her hands were tied behind her back and she couldn't see a thing.

Her breaths started to shorten and her chest started to hurt.

She was hyperventilating and the three large guys noticed this.