Chapter 1

Third Person POV:

It had been three years since Marinette had moved to Gotham City to study design at Gotham Academy. As usual she went to one of her favorite coffee shops in Gotham so she could get some energy after pulling all nighters for the past month and just living off of coffee. After walking 6 blocks from her apartment she got to the coffee shop, Loca Mocha (Ty Sabs). She went inside and ordered her usual, a six shot latte with cream, whipped cream on top and salted caramel sauce drizzled across the top (idk if that would actually taste good but I don't drink coffee so don't mind me). She went to find a seat and was unsuccessful until she found a free table in the far back of the coffee shop, however, someone else was looking at the same table at the same time as her and they ended up bumping into each other while not paying attention and heading towards the same table.

"Sorry sorry, I'm insanely clumsy."

"No it's alright, I wasn't looking where I was going."

"That makes two of us, I should've paid more attention. I'm Marinette by the way."

"I should've paid more attention too. I'm Tim, it's nice to meet you Marinette."

"So I guess we both just had our eyes on the table huh?"

"Yeah."

"Should we just sit together then? There's no other empty tables or seats."

"That'd probably be easiest."

"I have an order for a Marinette, six shot latte, with cream, whipped cream on top and salted caramel sauce drizzled on the top," one of the baristas yelled.

"I should go get that, I'll be right back."

'She seems like an interesting person, I kind of want to get to know her' Tim thought. Marinette came back to the table and sat down, Tim already had his coffee since he had ordered before Marinette came into the shop. Marinette was about to pull out her laptop to start working when Tim stopped her. She looked at him confused,

"I- I wanted to get to know you better before the both of us have to leave," he said nervously.

"Oh, I supposed I understand that," she said and put her laptop away.

"So, what are your hobbies?" Tim asked her.

"Well, I love designing. It's my passion and dream to be a designer and I've been doing it my whole life so I guess I could count that as a hobby. I also bake a lot, my parents are bakers so I've been taught by the pros," she said, the last part with a joking tone.

"Those are a lot more interesting than my hobbies, all I do with my life is work and then work some more, get some coffee and sleep once a month," Tim said jokingly.

"I'm sure you have more hobbies than that but okay."

They continued to learn more about each other and got more and more interested in the other every second. Customers came and went and eventually it was 1pm. The tables were full again and another customer walked in, this time, however, Marinette and Tim watched them order. Marinette just happened to recognize the customer as Lê Chiến Kim. Kim ordered his drink and went to look for a table when someone caught his eye, Marinette Dupain-Cheng.

"Long time no see Mari-bitch." Kim said to her, clearly trying to offend her though it didn't work.

"Nice to see you too, Kim." Marinette replied calmly.

"Still sending death threats to Lila?" Kim asked snottily.

"Still a sheep following around a liar with no evidence?" Marinette said smoothly.