Twenty-Five

Jimin and Jungkook decided to try and make dinner for Yoongi because Taehyung had invited him over. They both had learned how to cook from a class they took. Jimin figured they could do good, especially considering Jungkook told him that he used to cook things for himself all of the time.

  They cooked steak, of course, because Jungkook was cheeky and knew that he could merely cook the top of his steak to make it seem like he was eating normally— he just had to have the blood from the meat.

  "That's all you ever eat." Jimin rolled his eyes at the boy. "People at school probably think you're some kind of meat freak."

  "Well, I am," Jungkook chuckled.

  Jimin shook his head as Jungkook finished off cooking Yoongi's steak, hoping he'd like it. Turns out, he was very appreciative. Yoongi was funny, too, but Jimin only thought so because he hadn't seen humor quite like his. However, something felt off.

  What did Taehyung do this time?

  Yoongi seemed to be so passive-aggressive, a little too friendly towards them.

  "Thank you guys so much for dinner," Yoongi told them. He merely side-eyed Taehyung. "Thanks for having me over, Taehyung."

  Oh, boy.

  The weak smile on Taehyung's face says it all. Even after Yoongi left, Taehyung seemed to only stare at the wall, maybe hoping it would swallow him whole.

  Jungkook had gone outside to work out, so Jimin sat down next to his best friend, knowing that he wanted to talk about it.

  "What happened?" Jimin asked.

  Taehyung groaned to himself and rested his read onto the dining table. "Why am I so bad at everything?" he asked.

  "Oh, Tae, you're not." He rested his hand on Taehyung's back comfortingly.

"I kissed some guy in front of Yoongi last week," Taehyung explained to him. Jimin blinked in confusion, not sure of what to say at this point. Maybe Taehyung is bad.

  "Okay, what the hell?"

  "I know!" Taehyung groaned again. "I'm an idiot. I just... Kwan. Kwan is the name of the girl who likes Yoongi. When I was with Yoongi, Kwan was there and she kissed him. I just felt like maybe it's better this way, you know? We can't kiss each other. Yoongi keeps asking me why, but I'm just not ready to tell him. It hurts and I don't know why. I don't understand why I keep fucking up, either."

  Jimin frowned down at him.

  "Tae, I don't know what to tell you at this point." He rubbed Taehyung's back reassuringly. "You may keep digging yourself deeper, but nobody's perfect. Right?"

  The younger nodded. "Right."

——

   Jimin can't escape this damn Yoongi boy. At a party that Jimin may have happened to linger around, he noticed that the boy was drunk and dancing like crazy even with a broken foot. He looked foolish and Jimin wondered what the hell Taehyung saw in such an odd young man, but even so, Jimin shook his head as the human nearly passed out on the floor.

He ended up taking Yoongi to Taehyung's bedroom that night.

And as if it couldn't get any worse, Jungkook started hanging out with the human the following week. Jimin seriously just couldn't stay away from Min Yoongi. Maybe he would have to accept him, though, being the person Taehyung's so sickenly in love with.

Whatever. Yoongi's alright.

But with Yoongi comes Seokjin, Namjoon, and Hoseok, of course. Of course, Jungkook ended up hanging out with them. Jimin wouldn't blame him for doing so, but damn did it sting to watch Jungkook hanging out and talking to them so fluidly.

He wants to do that too.

Even Taehyung seemed jealous that Jungkook was getting so close to the other coven, or maybe he was jealous because of Yoongi.

But, as you can guess, he met Yoongi again. Jimin doesn't exactly know what the hell happened, but one night he was simply sitting on the couch, watching tv like normal, when Taehyung came rushing into their house with Yoongi in his arms and panic in his eyes that clearly said it all; especially the bite mark on Yoongi's pale neck.

"Fuck."

That's all Jimin could say. He knew that Taehyung wouldn't last without breaking the spell that was put on Yoongi. He knew that he'd end up turning him somehow.

Even though Jimin helped Yoongi to Taehyung's bed and told the younger what he needed to do, Jimin sighed to himself. This was clearly going to start a war with Yoongi's friends. They'll be pissed.

Seokjin will be pissed.

~