Chase scenes don't always go as planned.

Tommy ran down the cobblestone pathway of the village, holding ten gold pieces and five apples in his hands.

He was a well known thief in the village, causing daily trouble to the villagers and storekeepers.

Tommy was a trained pickpocket as well, so he usually stole coins and whatever else he could find on people that walked the path to the forest he usually camped out in.

He hadn't had food in a while, so he had decided to run over to the village and steal from one of the stands, but little did he know that today, the royal family had decided to visit their village and check in on some ''illegal'' businesses, and just see how the people are doing in general.

And he most definitely didn't know that one of the princes would see him steal and recognize him from how the villagers described him.

Tommy found out by looking over and making eye contact with Technoblade himself.

He froze in place as he watched the pig-hybrid tell the king, who also looked over, but with a more concerned expression.

The king nodded and Technoblade began walking over, and so Tommy did the only thing he seemed to be good at.

Running away.

He ran and he ran, until he reached the forest and tripped over an overgrown tree root, twisting his ankle.

Tommy cried out in pain as he slowly got back up, stumbling forward as he grabbed a low tree branch and struggled to regain his balance.

''You shouldn't be walking on that you know.''

His head spun towards the voice that seemed to come from nowhere.

''I'm fine. Go away.''

He hissed in pain as he started walking away, wincing in pain with every step he took.

''You should return the apples and coins too, do you want me to lead you back to the village?''

Tommy ignored him and continued walking, holding the apples and coins close to his chest, gripped tightly in his fists.

''You're foot's just going to get worse the more you walk, Tommy.''

His eyes widened, looking back at Techno.

''How do you know my name?

Techno walked forwards, getting closer and closer as the seconds passed.

''It's not that hard to figure out, your parents worked for the royal guard. They mentioned you a lot, it's quite sad they passed.''

Tommy's eyes flashed with anger.

''They died in the war you started with one of the neighboring kingdoms! They could've lived, had you not been a bitch!''

He yelled, fuming.

Techno fumed a bit as well.

''I could take you down right here kid, don't yell at me.''

He hissed, holding the hilt of his sword, not removing from where it was attached to his belt.

''You wouldn't, your father would be very pissed at you, wouldn't he?''

Techno's grip on his sword loosened.

''Now leave me alone, I don't need your help.''

His voice shook as he turned and took another step, his foot shooting pain up his leg, causing him to fall over with a yelp.

He began to get up as a white gloved hand hovered above him.

''Let me help you up.''

Tommy flicked his eyes between Techno and his hand, debating whether or not he actually should take his hand.

''No, I'm fine, leave me alone.''

He grunted in pain, shoving himself up, his legs shaking.

''Okay, first off: you are not fine, second off: I'm not leaving until you come with me.''

Tommy sighed, taking the gloved hand in front of him.

''Fine, take me to your castle, jail me for my crimes.''

He sarcastically mumbled, limping as Techno pulled him forward slightly.

''Stop talking.''

Tommy swallowed, relaxing slightly and letting himself get dragged along by the older prince.

They arrived at the village again soon enough, and Tommy was dragged towards the king, who was standing near the apple stand Tommy stole from previously.

''I understand sir, you need to calm down, we'll get your apples back, don't worry.''

Techno let go of Tommy and plopped him down on the ground.

''Here he is, he sprained an ankle running away, and he's a little irritated, but he'll be fine.''

Tommy looked up at the king, looking down again when they made eye contact.

He held out the apples, sneakily shoving the gold coins in the pocket of his black pants.

The man forcefully pulled the apples out of his hands, and washed them off, placing them back into one of the wooden buckets on his stand.

Tommy attempted to get up afterwards, but was immediately shoved back down by Technoblade.

He sighed and crossed his arms, blocking out what the king, Philza Minecraft, and Technoblade were conversing about.

''So we're taking him in? I'm not sure that's a good thing to do, sir.''

''You don't need to address me as ''sir'' Techno, and it'll be fine, he probably has a reason for stealing food, and his parents died in that war you started. I feel bad Techno, I don't care if you don't like that he's an orphan.''

Tommy's eyes widened, now interested in their conversation.

''No, Techno, didn't you say he was hurt? And look at him! He looks like he hasn't eaten in a while.''

Tommy held his stomach, thinking of it now, he couldn't really remember the last time he had eaten.

He felt someone place a warm hand on his shoulder, he looked up and met eyes with the kind.

''Get up kid, we're going to fix that ankle of yours and maybe get you some food, sound good?''

He hesitantly nodded, getting up slowly, wobbling a little, the pain in his ankle now very noticeable.

Tommy took a step and fell to one of his knees, holding his ankle in his hands.

He watched as Philza looked him at him sadly.

He forced a small smile and started getting up again, before he was pulled up and into someone's arms, getting carried bridal style.

Tommy wiggled slightly, but stopped as a wave of exhaustion suddenly hit him, the adrenaline from running away from Techno finally wearing off.

He sighed and relaxed into who was carrying him, burying his head in their chest.

They probably weren't letting him go, and Tommy knew it'd most likely be a bad idea to try to get out of the arms of one of the freakin' royal family members.

He dozed off soon afterwards, some parts of him were tired, but the rest of him was just focused on the pain and wanted him to escape it, to escape everything.

(1100 words)