Part 17? I honestly can't keep track anymore lol

"So once you get back, we'll go get some ice cream?"

Nick smiled. "Of course. I'd never pass up a chance to go out with you! Especially after our date last week, we are definitely doing more stuff like that."

Will rolled his eyes. "I swear you won't let that go," he said, sticking his tongue out.

Last week, Nick and Will had attempted rollerskating. Nick was an instant pro, Will was not. He set a record for crashing into the walls 12 times, and Nick couldn't stop laughing.

Will and Nick kissed, and Molly groaned.

"Get a room...I swear. Come on, we're going to be late!"

Nick and Will smiled at her, and the three of them walked down the stairs into Thompson's living room. Will waved bye to the family and then left. Nick smiled as she watched him leave.

Today was finally the day! It was the day the Thompsons were officially adopting her. Her dad had put up a fight for quite some time, but once he finally realized how badly his daughter wanted this, he finally accepted. Nick felt happy about that, for once her father had done what was best for her. She hoped maybe they could get a better relationship back one day.

But after all the struggle of overcoming her past and working to become better, she was finally at a point in life where things were perfect, and this was the cherry on top of her sundae. 

"Come on! Let's get a pic before we leave!" Molly called out, and the family gathered around Nick to take a picture. 

Nick had never smiled so wide in her entire life.

***

"I hereby announce to the court that Nicole Franzelli is now officially Nicole Thompson," the judge said, and with that, the courtroom erupted into cheers.

Nick could feel the joy radiating all around her, and the Thompsons embraced her in those giant bear hugs. She began to shed happy tears, so happy that she finally was with a family that loved her and where she felt safe. 

Life was finally just right.

***

Hey, y'all!

Sorry for the majorly inconsistent updates and super short chapters, life has been life.

This is going to be my last one-shot for this story. Thanks for sticking around! It has been a joy to write.

Love y'all!