Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Ilana followed Bruce through a series of hallways before they arrived in the familiar room. He did some unseen things before a bookcase slid to the side to reveal a flight of stairs. She knew they were heading to the batcave. He lead them of course. She followed blindly, her blindness was a childhood injury that she couldn't bare to talk about. Ilana was from another planet. So being blind never hampered her too much. Her people could harness the powers of magic and be trained in a certain ability. Hers was to use her magic to call on the elements. Only the most complex spells needed her to speak in her native tongue. With her magic she is able to sense the things that are around her and can avoid them. They even go as far as being able to guess how people and things look. This is why Bruce had asked her to come to earth. The Justice League had turned their protigès into a superhero teen team. And she was there to join. She reached for the small disk on her top and turned it. In a flash she was in a specially made black cloak, a red tank top and black pants. She lifted the hood on the cloak over her head to hide her eyes and brought up a belaklava over her mouth. Her face was practically hidden. She waited obediently as Bruce disappeared and Batman emerged.

"Have a name?"he asked in his rough voice. She knew that he tended to deepen his voice as Batman.

She nodded,"Elementa."